Lost In Lighting - First Time Grower

DominaMortem

Grow_Room29.JPG

This is my current basement grow room.

I have 4 clones and 7 seedlings

And nowhere near enough light.
I plan on eventually dividing the room in two, one side for veg and the other for flowering.
Currently using fluorescent lights, 48W, 28W, and 32W.

Any and all help and suggestions are welcome. I'm not really sure where to go from here.
pic23_May222017_.jpg
pic22_May212017_.jpg

Any and all help and suggestions are welcome. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

To make an enormous change with a very small amount of money I would grab an led grow light.

You could grab a small one for veg and a bigger one for the flowering.
1000 w for 5x5 or a little more- So 1 1000w or maybe two smaller ones for a bettwe foot print.

Only need about a 400 for the veg

Rationale:
1 Cheap quick fix-Order and they can be here by monday or tues next week.
2 Will grow the shit out of your plants
3 Will not need insane cooling for lights-built in fans and heat sinks
4 Most carry full spectrum uv and ir kill bad things for ya! and can get thad red all the way through for better bio

Many people will have very different answers
Always stay simple
Plants need - Water, light, environment, food
Thats it, so instead of spending money on a bunch of crap pick one of those areas. For you I chose light because you are lacking. you probably have ok water (6-7ph) you have a good spot, soil looks healthy, so a hundred bucks could immensely change this situation .

Good Luck
Post more

I have some mylar blankets that will be here friday (was very please with the price). Can you mix LED and Fluorescent lighting? I found a 1000W for about $130. If I can mix the 2 then I'll use the lights I currently have on the sides.

I put 5 of the seedlings outside today. Two of the Sour Durban seedlings are still inside and will remain so.
Tomorrow I will be transplanting the 2 inside seedlings so they are buried up to those first leaves.
pic36_May242017_.jpg
pic37_May242017_.jpg

Yes you can definitely mix them and use side ones, always remember though, if you are using watts, are you utilizing them the best. May be better to unplug the florescents in exchange for better watt using leds down the road.

Back
Top Bottom