Mars2 replacement LED?

wilson2

hi ive been running 2*mars2 900 for the past 3yrs, over the last yr Ive been losing leds and just recently I lost a third of the panel in one go. The lights have been supplemented with a hps 400 set on a thermostat. prior to using the hps i found my buds lacked volume. The hps seemed to rectify this, I only ran it for 8hrs a day. Ive been happy with my results grow wise, I usually yeild around 1.5pounds off 2 plants grown in area of 6*4 feet and the smoke is awsome. So do I go out and just buy 2 new mars2 900s or is there better bang for buck around? any opinions would be appreciated. shnapper

thanks maximo did a quick search on all 3 with little results for reviews. About 4yr ago I got burnt buying plasma lighting, low heat great yields etc etc new technology ........plants stretched were fluffy and my yield dropped from 2 pound to 10oz of fluff. gave it 2 grows 1 using supplementary hps but no good so I lost purchase price etc etc. So Im only interested in lights with low heat, and proven achievers. As I havent been on here in some time Im not familiar with cob, lec and any advances in led, when I last looked 5w led were the leading edge. Ive spent hrs trolling this new technology and im still no closer to sifting the bias from the truth, everyone seems to have a vested interest which makes it hard to find honest reviews

hi ive been running 2*mars2 900 for the past 3yrs, over the last yr Ive been losing leds and just recently I lost a third of the panel in one go. The lights have been supplemented with a hps 400 set on a thermostat. prior to using the hps i found my buds lacked volume. The hps seemed to rectify this, I only ran it for 8hrs a day. Ive been happy with my results grow wise, I usually yeild around 1.5pounds off 2 plants grown in area of 6*4 feet and the smoke is awsome. So do I go out and just buy 2 new mars2 900s or is there better bang for buck around? any opinions would be appreciated. shnapper

I have about 20 diodes that need replacing and a driver (power supply). They just got here in 2 days 38 dollars including shipping. Now I just need to pull it apart and do a little soldering. Send and email to Service@mars-hydro.com with a picture of the light on and a picture of the light off. Tell them you need LEDs and a driver. They will send you a bill. If you are not handy with a soldering iron, they have service centers. :circle-of-love::peace:

You can check out the Mars Pro II series lights,they are with upgraded chips and driver,give you better lighting performance and run cooler.This series lights,didn't install glass cover and without lens,has vents around the panel,so as to dissipate the heat more efficently.
2_2_10.jpg

I have about 20 diodes that need replacing and a driver (power supply). They just got here in 2 days 38 dollars including shipping. Now I just need to pull it apart and do a little soldering. Send and email to Service@mars-hydro.com with a picture of the light on and a picture of the light off. Tell them you need LEDs and a driver. They will send you a bill. If you are not handy with a soldering iron, they have service centers. :circle-of-love::peace:

hi dave thanks for the reply I contacted the service center and they led me to the how to fix the light videos. I tried swapping the drivers around, made no difference, I than tested the leds and they worked fine Im inclined to think the printed circuit board is faulty. So its back to new lights

hi dave thanks for the reply I contacted the service center and they led me to the how to fix the light videos. I tried swapping the drivers around, made no difference, I than tested the leds and they worked fine Im inclined to think the printed circuit board is faulty. So its back to new lights

I would be willing to be that you have 1 bad LED in there some where. I just puled apart a 400 that had lost a bank of lights. First time through with the multimeter, I didn't find a bad one. Second time, I found the one I missed. :). :circle-of-love::peace:

Hi wilson, sorry about the trouble, so you have fixed your lamps now? any issue don't hesitate to tell us:high-five:

Save up a few bucks and get a better led light bud. That's my 0.02

Agreed, if swapping driver circuits didn't produce any change it should be the PCB. If a single diode failed there is usually a zener diode in parallel that acts as a shunt to allow the rest of the diode string to work. If the internal circuitry that connects the strings is damaged then you lose an entire section. If you want to continue using the HPS as a supplement I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a couple of inexpensive led's to replace 600 watts worth of HPS to cover your area.

thanks for the replies I think I will buy 2 new mars 2 900 and continue using the hps as a suppliment. After all I was achieving fairly good results with this set up.

thanks for the replies I think I will buy 2 new mars 2 900 and continue using the hps as a suppliment. After all I was achieving fairly good results with this set up.
Explore ur options. Never know what the other guys can do till u try them out. I can guarantee you that there are better options that might not be too far off in price comparison to ur current set up. Just saying. Good luck and happy growing brother.

We will stop producing Mars II series lights, after sold out all stock lights,Mars II will be a history, so our August promotion sales for Mars II lights still on going on our website. But we continue to provide warranty to our Mars II lights. check our website: mars II 900

Back
Top Bottom