Starting my first grow

DazMK

I'm starting my first grow with 'quick one automatic feminised seeds' from seedsman. Royal queen seeds breed. It's a short plant but I need a guide for dummies. Everyone starts somewhere right ahah.

I am after a CFl but not sure what's good for money and one that will work.

Cheers guys
Daz :)

Hi Daz -- You can start with CFLs (I assume that's what you meant)--I did--but you will need a lot of them or really big ones to get a good yield. Pot needs lots of light.

You might want to consider starting out with a small high-pressure sodium light instead, or one of the new LED grow lights.

I'd suggest finding some grow logs to read here to get up to speed. You can probably even find one for the specific strain you're interested in. And of course YouTube is your friend. There is tons of free info out there, so dive in!

Good luck and have fun.

Hi Daz -- You can start with CFLs (I assume that's what you meant)--I did--but you will need a lot of them or really big ones to get a good yield. Pot needs lots of light.

You might want to consider starting out with a small high-pressure sodium light instead, or one of the new LED grow lights.

I'd suggest finding some grow logs to read here to get up to speed. You can probably even find one for the specific strain you're interested in. And of course YouTube is your friend. There is tons of free info out there, so dive in!

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks man I'll have a look at them lights, and I'll have a read through some of the logs on here. Cheers for your help :)

Its a wardrobe built into the wall so its very tall. Was just going to hang the light and put one plant on the floor. Do you think it would be possible to put a fan on the floor next to it and try push the heat up, or open the cupboard door every now and then for a few hours to release the heat out?

Thanks for the help by the way, when I signed up here I wasn't even sure I would get a reply so its very much appreciated :)

That looks like a pretty fun little kit. ;)

If you run a bright (i.e. hot) light in a smallish space, you're going to need have to have continuous air exchange or the temperature is going to get too high. (Remember that you have to manage humidity, too.)

There are a lot of nice and helpful people here. If you haven't already wandered around, check it out, especially the grow journals.

If you ever don't get a reply, maybe try a different forum or rephrase your question.

Ok mate nice one. Just not sure if that kit will stand up in my wardrobe because of how tall it is.
I was hoping just using a few table lamps with CFL bulbs would of been enough for it. Looks like ill look into it a bit further before buying anything, as I am doing it in a cupboard.

Yeah ill have a read of them and that will most likely help me with choosing and I can see what other people use.

Cheers

Ok mate nice one. Just not sure if that kit will stand up in my wardrobe because of how tall it is.
I was hoping just using a few table lamps with CFL bulbs would of been enough for it. Looks like ill look into it a bit further before buying anything, as I am doing it in a cupboard.

Yeah ill have a read of them and that will most likely help me with choosing and I can see what other people use.

Cheers
You can do it in a cupboard or wardrobe but you're going to have to get creative. Bring in cold air from the bottom and vent out the top. There are cheap duct boosters online but I haven't tried them myself. There is so much to learn here though. As Scientific said, check out some journals. Happy growing!

You can do it in a cupboard or wardrobe but you're going to have to get creative. Bring in cold air from the bottom and vent out the top. There are cheap duct boosters online but I haven't tried them myself. There is so much to learn here though. As Scientific said, check out some journals. Happy growing!

Right so I've looked on ebay and found an LED light for a good price, red and blue. Think that's my heating sorted. Waiting till I'm on lunch at work to go through them grow journals and look at what nutrients I need :)

the 80watt on here
New 3W 6W 15W 40W 50W 80W LED Grow Light Bulbs E27 Red+Blue for Plant Hydroponic

or

5x 30cm T5 LED Grow Bar Plant Light +Switch Cable + Plug Hydroponic Lamp 85-265V | eBay

or one of these mars lights haha awesome I'm getting really excited now I'm making my first steps :)!

led mars grow lights | eBay

Hmmm... Bear in mind that when LED lamps give a wattage rating, it's usually the max power rating, not the actual power. I think you're going to want a lot more light. The 300-watt Mars Hydro might be a good choice.

Do your homework carefully on that one. It's a critical decision. Not enough light will give disappointing results. Best bet is probably seeing what people are using in their grow logs and buy what they're using for a similar setup.

What you really don't want is a light that's half of what you need that you just have to get rid of and buy another.

Scientific is right. You want the higher wattage led. I myself just bought a 300w Viparspectra for my 32"x32"x 5' tent but I have another 300w Bloomspect that I'll probably add to that.

Back
Top Bottom