LED verses MH & HPS

Thyming

Was thinking of starting a small grow indoors with a tent. I kind of like the full spectrum led units for low temperatures and low hydro usage but someone is telling me I won't get much out of leds as far as growth and yeld. They are trying to sell me on mh and hops but to me they run too hot and use too much hydro. Any thoughts?

Get an led, I'm using a vipar spectra 600watt and it's kicking ass.
15e645908b0cc4a1e57ecd7cc8362bd1.jpg

i ran2*600 hps for years in a 5*4 grow room and constantly pulled 2lb a grow, I did have terrible heating problems in summer, tried air cooled lighting fixtures but seemed to loose punch, installed a split aircon ran lights at night. Then the authorities installed smart meters to everyone's house. these meters can tell when you use power how much etc and you can view all if this online for your house, sure as shit I could see when i turned the tv on of a morning. so I stopped growing. I have now installed a 9kw solar system, grow during the day the solar panels blurr my electricity consumption and use leds. I have 2* 900mars led panels over the same grow room, the first couple of grows came in at 1/2 a lb very sticky and fluffy. It was winter and I had heating issues so I installed 2*400w hps as side lighting, 1 goes for 4hrs of a morning and the other for 4hrs of an afternoon, they are run through a timer and a thermostat, if the rooms incoming air is above 30 deg cel they turn off. Im now pulling sticky solid big buds and my yield is consistantly around 1.5 lb a grow. Im considering going back to hps for the winter grow, I too have been looking at other lights but when I review other journals I figure im doing pretty well with what ive got. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom