Best light for 5x5 tent

Rusko

I have a few runs under my belt but want to upgrade my grow area. I want to get a 5x5 tent but I am not sure what light to get. I think the 630 lec is a beautiful fixture and have seen it get good results - might be worth the investment what do you think? Anyother suggestions? Thanks!

Hi, I have heard a 630 lec is comparable with a 1000w hps - if I could save that extra 370w's that would be awesome! Do you know if the 630 lec could compete with the 1000w hps in the tent? If the yields are similar enough I would like to have the lec spectrum and save on usage of wattage. Thanks!

for a monster grow, you need 250,000 lumans in a 5x5. That one single Mars light is garbage for this area.

for a very decent grow, 175,000 lumans is needed.

U would have a better chance of success with 4 single light fixtures, then 1 single, hanging in the middle. That best covers maybe a 2x2 area pretty well, but anything beyond the throw distance past 2 ft, Not good.

This game is about Lumans. Light intensity. corner to corner.

U can get 4 Bayshop lights, LED, kinda like a Quantum board setup. 165 watts each, spread evenly over entire area. 4000K spectrum,

$560
660 total watts
95,000 Lumans.
3,8000 lumans persqrfoot

You would get a decent harvest off that, simply because EVERY sq foot has direct lumans,

In order to use just 1 single light source, to get coverage on all area, it has to be high hung, which reduces intensity as a whole. AND, its freakin blurple.

look at the Mars300, Its listed at 4,000 lumans, and say it grows good in a 2x2, which equals 1,000 lumans sqr.
This setup i listed above, is like having the lumans of 23 of these mars300's in your 5x5

And to think, people are content with having 3 of them in a 5x5,lol. :MindBlown

for a monster grow, you need 250,000 lumans in a 5x5. That one single Mars light is garbage for this area.

for a very decent grow, 175,000 lumans is needed.

U would have a better chance of success with 4 single light fixtures, then 1 single, hanging in the middle. That best covers maybe a 2x2 area pretty well, but anything beyond the throw distance past 2 ft, Not good.

This game is about Lumans. Light intensity. corner to corner.

U can get 4 Bayshop lights, LED, kinda like a Quantum board setup. 165 watts each, spread evenly over entire area. 4000K spectrum,

$560
660 total watts
95,000 Lumans.
3,8000 lumans persqrfoot

You would get a decent harvest off that, simply because EVERY sq foot has direct lumans,

In order to use just 1 single light source, to get coverage on all area, it has to be high hung, which reduces intensity as a whole. AND, its freakin blurple.

look at the Mars300, Its listed at 4,000 lumans, and say it grows good in a 2x2, which equals 1,000 lumans sqr.
This setup i listed above, is like having the lumans of 23 of these mars300's in your 5x5

And to think, people are content with having 3 of them in a 5x5,lol. :MindBlown

I have 3 mars 300w I was using for an earlier grow and although they worked out great and I had some nice harvest with them I am looking to upgrade to either a hps or a cmh (lec).

I love the mars company they have sent me new fans and iodes the next day when ever I ask for them and even offered to have me have an electrician do the work and to send them the bill! I love that company and will keep those for veg - my girls love them so it will be nice to have those for a good veg setup - plus I have some mothers that need them. I have a nice 45w led for cloning that works really well.

I would like to see what I could do with an hps or cmh, I hear raving reviews about the lec - but it is a little to costly, and I had some unexpected bills come up.

the lumen output is 150k so that sounds just about right.
The LEC has the perfect par and spectrum for growing and I have seen some really good results with it. I think the price will go down after a few years though and may pick one up down the road.

Back
Top Bottom