What LED grow light to use?

Re: What led grow light do use?

Hey dude, I was facing the same problem and unfortunately there isn't really a good alternative for light. There aren't really any cheap yet effective lights.

On my post "new Grower" we ended up coming to the conclusion that the best option is a 400 watt HPS light. They only cost about $30 on eBay but you also need to buy a ballast which is the expensive part. But if you can find a cheap HPS and ballast, then that's definitely the way to go. Also what kind of weed are you growing? Sativa? Indica?

Hey dude, I was facing the same problem and unfortunately there isn't really a good alternative for light. There aren't really any cheap yet effective lights.

On my post "new Grower" we ended up coming to the conclusion that the best option is a 400 watt HPS light. They only cost about $30 on eBay but you also need to buy a ballast which is the expensive part. But if you can find a cheap HPS and ballast, then that's definitely the way to go. Also what kind of weed are you growing? Sativa? Indica?

Not true at all... LEDs are one of the BEST options out there in terms of power and are in the lead as far as cost and power consunsumption goes. I have 2 of these and they are GREAT. The 600w versions are even better.

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower

Well it really depends on how much he's going to grow, if there's just gonna be one or two plants than that LED would definitely be the better opinion. However, that light couldn't be used to grow 3+ plants so if he'd have to get two of them then it's not the cheapest way to go. You could use CFLs but you'd have to have multiple lamps around each plant which makes it quite expensive in energy. But so is a 400 watt HPS light. I worked out that for me it will cost about $150 in three months to keep those lights running for an 18/6 light cycle. So for long term and small grows, LED is the best way to go, just be mindful of how many plants you plan to put underneath it.

I just ended up getting a mars hydro led light... the 300w see how it goes.. and i just grow two aya time

Right now its just one ended up selling my other one but i have another seed that i might germinate pretty soon

I just ended up getting a mars hydro led light... the 300w see how it goes.. and i just grow two aya time
I was hesitant about the company for years…until I bought there products. I have the fc-e4800 and Love It. I also have Maxsisun lights and have three that I’ve owned and use 18hrs a day everyday for almost three years zero problems. Led lights today are all good no matter what basically.. Check the sponsors page here, many lights they back have journals right here

This be an old thread though.. OP probably already moved on to other lights.
Those HLG's look indeed very horticulture :p
I'm using Mars Hydro right now and well cost efficiency wise it's a very no nonsense solution and things grow very well under two different models I've tried.

I'm led window shopping, I have two pots and want one lamp each, the 4twenty led system looks interesting at the moment, mainly because they can be physically connected, have added UV, IR & Red and it boasts a 120° optical lens.
And if the distribution is really good I'll never need to run them at full power, not for the area I have but a bit extra for bloom than I have now would be welcome.

Another cool thing I've seen was from the US was Growealth.. look like the previous series Mars TS but other components and have UV & IR/Red on separate channels and a bunch of them.. although not sure if those could be automated that would be really cool, you could simulate morning noon and evening boosting IR levels at lights on and off and dose some UV during noon.

Atreum 1000 LED. $150. One of the Sponsors of our website. Adjustable power down to 10%. Great quality. Small but powerful. Use two in my 27x60x80” tent. Guud luck.

Back
Top Bottom