Problem - Need a solution for deciding on lights

DontEvenAsk

420 Member
I only have one room at this house that I can use for growing and I want to maximize it as much as I can. So I need to use this one room for both veg and flower. I was told that I can just use HPS all the way through veg but the only problem is they'll stretch. Does anyone have other recommendations for what I should do? Should I invest in the Hortilux dual-spectrum bulbs & replace my HPS with those. How would the yield be different? I'm pretty new to growing so any answer/insights will be appreciated... thank you

Re: Problem/Need a solution for deciding on lights

It's hard to tell you whether you would be wanting to use high pressure sodium or whether you want to be using LEDs and the reason for this is I don't know how big your grow space is we don't know where you are located I have no way of knowing any information on your listing conditions so it is hard to know one thing I can tell you is high pressure sodium if you go that route make sure you get one with air cooled to so you can Evacuate the Heat they make a lot more heat than you would expect LEDs you're not going to get as much potency as you would with a high pressure sodium but it seems to give them more flavor and color to the buds itself due to frequencies in the light but I take it you are going to be running Autos since you are going to be doing this all in one room

It's hard to tell you whether you would be wanting to use high pressure sodium or whether you want to be using LEDs and the reason for this is I don't know how big your grow space is we don't know where you are located I have no way of knowing any information on your listing conditions so it is hard to know one thing I can tell you is high pressure sodium if you go that route make sure you get one with air cooled to so you can Evacuate the Heat they make a lot more heat than you would expect LEDs you're not going to get as much potency as you would with a high pressure sodium but it seems to give them more flavor and color to the buds itself due to frequencies in the light but I take it you are going to be running Autos since you are going to be doing this all in one room

Sorry. The grow space is about 16x9x10 length/width/height and I'm located in California

In that room area I would use two 1000 Watts high pressure sodium or four 600 watt high pressure sodium to help spread the light more evenly when you get two spaces this large it gets two more questions like how many plants do you plan on running how tall do you want them to get are you going to be running Hydroponics or are you going to be running a medium or a soil are you going to be running RO water what are you going to be using for nutrients

In that room area I would use two 1000 Watts high pressure sodium or four 600 watt high pressure sodium to help spread the light more evenly when you get two spaces this large it gets two more questions like how many plants do you plan on running how tall do you want them to get are you going to be running Hydroponics or are you going to be running a medium or a soil are you going to be running RO water what are you going to be using for nutrients

Ah I see. So is it best to just skip using dual-spectrum bulbs and Veg -> Flower all the way through with my High Pressure Sodium? I plan on doing 8-9 plants each, but I was considering doing 4 lights.

Some people use dual Spectrum I have I have tried supplemental lighting but none of them were really worth the effort of changing an extra costs the high pressure sodium will produce the most weight and more potency out of the group of light this is the reason I feel it is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom