Best time to begin using the bloom spectrum

rtfdc1

420 Member
Hi All! 2 weeks into my 4th grow. I recently got a 400w Meizhi led with veg/bloom switch. At the wall with both sections on the light draws about 172 watts that breaks down to 116 - veg and 56 - bloom. When should I start to use the bloom? Before changing the photo period or when the photo period goes to 12/12? Thank you mucho!

Re: Best time to begin using the bloom spectrum.

Whom ever left this response:" 0111as11z11 r l ik 5 s as Abbas. As.n s d 44q" What you talkin' about Willis?

Most folks have both switches on all the time my leds don't have veg n flower switch so all lights on at same time

Thanks for the response, but then what is the point for the switches?

I change when I switch to 12/12

The point with the switches is to save money. You don't need to use both spectrums during vegg. Some people do. But when you grow with many lamps like I do, it begins to make sense to save electricity. And no - I do not notice any increase in growth speed by using both spectrums during vegg. It just cost two times more to grow them

I use both all the time
420-magazine-mobile726373571.jpg

I use a 300w dual spectrum CFL with 2 x 85w 6400k for veg and switch to 2 x 85w 2700k when I flip to 12/12. Only have a small grow area so 3 plants max but this works well for me and is a cheap and effective alternative to HPS. No heat issues either which were a major problem when I tried HPS. CFLs are cheap and the electricity bill stays reasonable too .

Back
Top Bottom