Recommend Me A Grow Light!

Jaybull

So I'm stumped on what grow light to purchase.

Some backstory first: I'm currently growing my first plant, its standing at around 2 foot 2-3 inches right now and doing well, it was unexpected as a friend of a friend gave it me as she didnt have the room for it. I've been learning on the job.

Now grow lights..

Because I have just a single plant (I plan on having 2-3 growing at all times eventually.)

So I figured an LED full spectrum grow light would be best, around 50-100 watts? I want decent yields. Atleast an ounce a plant.

But how can you tell which of these LEDS are worth getting? I read some stuff about actual wattage not being the same most of the time.

So yeah, suggestions, product recommendations and advice more than welcome.

Thanks

Mars hydro are best bang for your buck I have 3 of them 2 mars 192 series 2 and 1 300 w series 1

Please have a look at our Sponsors.

There are lights there for every space and every pocket. And without them none of us would be here.

:Namaste:

:circle-of-love:you can check out the Mars Pro II Epistar160
Draw power:110V:Growth:170W±5%|Bloom:362W±5%,with veg and bloom switches to control different growing modes. Upgrated power supply, fans and chips,With the creative reflector cup design to give out the perfect mixed spectrum lights, meet the needs of those who must have the absolute highest quality harvest possible.:welcome:
Mars_Pro_II_Epistar160-3.jpg

Imo just get a used set up of eBay a 1200x1200x2000mm tent with a aircooled 600 watt dominator light mh bulb for veg and HPS for flower 9 fems plants in 11.5 litre pots with saucers in coco you will get two ozs off each plant easy more when you get some grows under your belt it will be the cheapest way to get going,as I think starting off it's easier than LEDs then when you have some experience in grows and some spare cash you can treat yourself to some quality LEDs lights you get what you pay for buy shit buy twice you know the score I've been caught out myself in the beginning as ignorant and believed grow shops advise you can waste loads of money on stuff you don't need in time when you get more experience you have the time to do some good research on quality LEDs, bud master god, ninth planet seem to be top notch products in the UK but pricey take your time and don't waste your money plus when you flush with cash get your LEDs fixtures and put the HPS gear back on eBay get your money back, hope this helps cheers

Imo just get a used set up of eBay a 1200x1200x2000mm tent with a aircooled 600 watt dominator light mh bulb for veg and HPS for flower 9 fems plants in 11.5 litre pots with saucers in coco you will get two ozs off each plant easy more when you get some grows under your belt it will be the cheapest way to get going,as I think starting off it's easier than LEDs then when you have some experience in grows and some spare cash you can treat yourself to some quality LEDs lights you get what you pay for buy shit buy twice you know the score I've been caught out myself in the beginning as ignorant and believed grow shops advise you can waste loads of money on stuff you don't need in time when you get more experience you have the time to do some good research on quality LEDs, bud master god, ninth planet seem to be top notch products in the UK but pricey take your time and don't waste your money plus when you flush with cash get your LEDs fixtures and put the HPS gear back on eBay get your money back, hope this helps cheers
Mars hydro is a great mid priced led I own two mars hydro 192 series 2 and 1 300 w series 1 now I know it's not like HID bc I also own a 1000w HPS and 315w LEC/CMH , and I mix my spectrum for flowering and use led for veg/auto room. The only difference is heat from HID is greater and LED makes plants cal-mag whites but other than that they run the same

I like the reflector series but not impressed by the pro series, neither us anyone else, they haven't had a light in the top 20 Led grow light list since the reflector series, you would think by now they would have a new light in the works

I like the reflector series but not impressed by the pro series, neither us anyone else, they haven't had a light in the top 20 Led grow light list since the reflector series, you would think by now they would have a new light in the works

Well, they recently introduced a new hybrid (little round LEDs + COB) light product, lol.

Twilight led are a great sponsor on here check out hyena merica grow journal see what the light did for him

I personally think as long as you can control your room temperature and you have your growing environment just right then any cheap 600w hps does more than enough in terms of producing great yields. ive not yet tried any type of LED lighting so I can't comment on them.

I like the reflector series but not impressed by the pro series, neither us anyone else, they haven't had a light in the top 20 Led grow light list since the reflector series,

Hmm. Funny how all of the "Top LED Grow Light" lists that I find on the net are on sites that features ads & videos from those same led companies. Independent unbiased LED grow light reviews are like unicorns.

But as for successful grows, you might want to read some of Darkscotia's & DeVille's grow journals.

I have spoken to many a good growers and they have all tried LEDs some with matching HPS but these fixtures were thousands of dollars/ pounds,the LEDs market is a mindfield so much bs about there potential of what they can do and little deliver, so if you are hell bent on getting one I suggest you go with one from your country with a good guaranteed and customer service, buy wise and buy once check out journals here with certain fixtures,Hydro grow extreme 336x pro 500watt looks good and seen good reviews on them but pricey, Cali light works and spectrum king all look good but then again pricey,so good luck,cheers

Have a look at Migro Led. 107 watts full spectrum cob led passive cooling. Comes with a driver and a watt adjustable dial.

Do you have this light? I'm looking at the Migro 100 for my small tent, love the look of it but would like some user reviews before I commit to buying. Cheers!

Just to let all you folk know I have just done a batch of sensi skunk #1 with budmaster ll God LEDs three 9 clusters and one 16 cluster with very poor results these are supposed to be the Rolls Royce of LEDs and they are Rolls Royce money too, I was told by the company owner to keep the lights as high as possible in the tent and let the plants grow to the light I might have done better if I had a par meter to adjust the height of the light to keep it in the sweet spot, the 9 clusters are supposed to be for a 4x4 flowering area and the 16 clusters for a 5x5 flowering area the 9s run at 434 watts and the 16s at 780 watts, imo I could beat the 16 with a 600 watt HPS on boost at 660watts and as for the 9s you could beat with HPS 400 watts I am really disappointed with them,plus it's winter here and they run very cool so I have had to have a heater on with lights and that's with two 600 watt HPS in the tent as well and two heaters with lights off as the tent is in a garage so they have cost me big time in juice, so for me I will not be using LEDs again it's not worth the money or the los in product I will be buying some double ended bulb lights as they look to have the edge on the single ended the nanolux super 600 watt are looking good to me as they have the ballast mounted horizontal so they are very low profile in height and have a cool set up with the controller, so folks I have come to the conclusion pay for the extra watts and the cooling of them as you will yield much more that trying to save on juice with LEDs the difference in a crop will far exceed the extra juice.

Back
Top Bottom