Started with 12/12 schedule by mistake

PNW-CBD

I must have misunderstood because apparently you're supposed to start with closer to a 24/0 hr light/dark cycle when vegging, then switch to 12/12. I ended up starting with 12/12 and keeping it that way until 3 weeks in. As soon as I realized the mistake I switched them to ~18/6, ramping up towards 24/0.

The plants seem to have grown great, if a little slowly, though. I think probably because I've had them near a window, and have often left the lights on for an extra hour or two at night. So, they actually have gotten at least a bit more than 12 hours on average.

One plant is growing much faster & taller than the others. There's 5 total now, two are 3 weeks old and 3 are 2 weeks old. Of those oldest 2, they are of different strains, one feminized and one 'regular' (the tall one, so I hope it isn't going to be a boy). The other 3 are all feminized.

What should I expect? Has the light schedule likely messed them up? Are they at a higher risk of turning hermaphroditic?

It shouldn't be a problem this early on, as they won't go into Flower mode this early on in life (as they don't usually even pre-flower for a few more weeks than how old yours are). Later on in life light problems can cause issues I think, but should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom