8x8 & 10x10 grow tent with LED lights - What would be your set up?

LooseCanon91

Whats up guys, so yeah real quick about my situation .. all my past experiences in growing were outdoor, so i do have knowlodge on how to grow plants but im new to indoor. Ive some research but there is alot of contreversy on LED lighting some are showing very nice results in final quality and yields but alot are saying LED cant yield as much as other lighting. What i think is it is possible to get the same yields but not with the actual set up LED providers are advertising it... advertise kits need some tweeking and a better light kit that they actualy recommend... now i know that paying for quality equipement is a key investment for acheiving optimal results... but alot has to dot with managing and keeping a consistent ideal environement too... so for 8x8 and 10x10 tents i'm looking for a strong frame support but the Gorilla is just a bit to much for my price range at the moment... any recommendation on a great ratio for price/quality (Brand and Support) with at least 90 pounds of support on the frame? 1680D Mylar would be nice but i can live with 600D too. I plan on having at least 70 pounds to hold only from my lighting .. and id like yo hear what LED lights (brand and watts) set up would you trust to meet anticipated yield from strain providers (ex: 500g-700g/m2)... tent and light is my main focus but feel free to recommend anything else you think is a must or a to avoid with my set up.... Finaly does hydroponic watering combine great with LED or better to water my self? Hey thanks for those who will give attention to my post i know it was a bit of long read :)..

re: 8x8 & 10x10 grow tent with LED lights - What would be your set up?

Whats up guys, so yeah real quick about my situation .. all my past experiences in growing were outdoor, so i do have knowlodge on how to grow plants but im new to indoor. Ive some research but there is alot of contreversy on LED lighting some are showing very nice results in final quality and yields but alot are saying LED cant yield as much as other lighting. What i think is it is possible to get the same yields but not with the actual set up LED providers are advertising it... advertise kits need some tweeking and a better light kit that they actualy recommend... now i know that paying for quality equipement is a key investment for acheiving optimal results... but alot has to dot with managing and keeping a consistent ideal environement too... so for 8x8 and 10x10 tents i'm looking for a strong frame support but the Gorilla is just a bit to much for my price range at the moment... any recommendation on a great ratio for price/quality (Brand and Support) with at least 90 pounds of support on the frame? 1680D Mylar would be nice but i can live with 600D too. I plan on having at least 70 pounds to hold only from my lighting .. and id like yo hear what LED lights (brand and watts) set up would you trust to meet anticipated yield from strain providers (ex: 500g-700g/m2)... tent and light is my main focus but feel free to recommend anything else you think is a must or a to avoid with my set up.... Finaly does hydroponic watering combine great with LED or better to water my self? Hey thanks for those who will give attention to my post i know it was a bit of long read :)..

Check out secret jardin tents I have a 5*5*7 ft 2 of them i use a mixed spectrum of HID/LED I Like mars hydro series 2 I have the 192 2 of them and I have a 315w lec and a 1000w hps , I am currently using the LED AND LEC FLOWERING AND LED FOR JUST VEGGING, but if I was going to I would pick up the Epistar version or the new COB mars hydro there are some other great lights but way more expensive depending on your location on the USA. I can
Get you discount for a lot of things if your order is big enough

re: 8x8 & 10x10 grow tent with LED lights - What would be your set up?

I do like the epistar too but its a 40pound light and i would need 2 for my 8 by 8 set up with their 4x4 coverage.. ill chek out your site for tents if any can support weight... and unfortunatly I am from Canada and most website i found in USA avoid shipping here idk how you guys deal with internationnal shippments but yea Canada lol... -_- thanks for the proposing tho, and your for your thaughts.

Hey LooseCanon what is your budget on that space? Generally speaking you probably want at least 2400 watts of true LED power not advertised. Good systems cost $2.5 per watt but they are worth it and last a long time. You definitely want full spectrum.

but its a 40pound light

My LED panel weighs almost 35 pounds; most decent-quality LED grow light panels are going to be heavy (along with some low-quality ones, lol). And mine only consumes ~350 watts.

and i would need 2 for my 8 by 8 set up with their 4x4 coverage.

Err... an 8'x8' tent is four times larger than a 4'x4' one, not twice as large (you're comparing 64 square feet to 16 square feet :rolleyes3 ).

Filling 164 square feet (your two tents) with good quality LED lighting is going to be expensive. If you're determined to go with LED lighting, you might be better off with either a DiY COB setup or one of the kits. It appears that one COB - consuming 50 watts - per square foot is currently considered the sweet spot (AfaIK) for grow lighting. So... 64 COBs for your 8'x8' tent and 100 for your 10'x10' one.

HIDs would be much cheaper - and you can use air-cooled reflectors with them, and ventilate/cool your lighting separately from your grow tents, if that has any appeal (it should, methinks).

You could go super cheap route. LED strips..

You need 320,000 lumens on the low side. for 8x8

100 strips, = 350,000 lumens
1350 watts
$120 for the strips,

3-500W powers supplies, run in parallel, ( $35x3=$105)

$105+$120+wire, rivets, aluminum, dimmer, Brains,

This is the cheapest route you could go,

Wait this is interesting i'm also new Mayne I would like to know more about this led strips they are 5050 14 watts light are they solid white or mix with purple

Wait this is interesting i'm also new Mayne I would like to know more about this led strips they are 5050 14 watts light are they solid white or mix with purple

Hey Kenneth,

They are 5630 SMDs.,

They dont have purple. They are 3000k or 4000k, OR both. They have 2 rows per strip, so you can mix them when you order them.

The big thing out right now are the Quantum boards, but you can never get them because they sell out so fast, but I think they are extremely expensive.

In a 2x2 tent, with 30 strips, fixed to a 24"x24" sheet of aluminum 1/8 thick, will give you 106,000 lumens, at 450 watts. Virtually no heat I hear.

That is Overkill, as "broscience" rule of thumb is 10,000 lumens per sq ft. ( sun is 10,000 lumens psft)

1000w HPS has around 125,000 lumens, i think it was.

Maybe i din't read well but how long are the strip quantum boards are nice but there to expensive and if i hand the fund i would go with spydrx. But anyways please tell me how long are the strips my grow room is 10x15 and right now im looking at 8.000$ for hps fans cooling hole kit and 10.000 for leds. I would like to go cheaper you like everyone else save some energy cost. But these strips interesting i know now they have better then 5630 saw it on youtube but one cant really be sure anymore.

each strip is 19.5 inches long, and about 1/2 inch wide. you can fit 30 strips per 2x2 area.

You'll want 220 strips,lol, alot of work for sure. Ud be building something similar to a hanging ceiling set-up. thats a big area your working with. It would definitely be a hell of a task to get this done, and be safe at the same time.

still only 3300 watts for 778,000 lumens,

The strips would only run you about $285, then you need drivers, and all that other stuff. Id work out a dimming solution, a power hub of sorts, and of course the aluminum L channel, sheets, or what ever you decide.

carefull planning is needed for sure.

yea i know maybe be best to just spend the money and play it safe. here in Canada were im located they don't believe in leds i think there better in a certain way energy cost if i go with example marsII i would need like 15 pcs lol I dont know what to do but i do want leds
Can you provide a link to these strips and stuff
Thanks

here are the strips,

5m 10x 50cm 72leds SMD 5630 Double Row Rigid Bar Hard LED Strip Light DC12V New | eBay

Its up to you on the drivers, and all that. You can run in parallel which is safer then the 1000 volts.

If you decide to build something, post a thread, and Im sure many folks would chime in on how to wire, and all that stuff. Im still new to all this to myself.

Im getting these strips today actually. putting 20 in a 2x2. giving me 71,000 lumens.. which is 3 times more then what i have now.

Going to get 10 of each, instead of the mixed strip, so i can control 10 of the 4000K during veg, and then run all 20 for flower.

Should rock a 2x2 no problems.

Mmy grow room is 10x15 and right now im looking at 8.000$ for hps fans cooling hole kit and 10.000 for leds. I would like to go cheaper you like everyone else save some energy cost.

Speaking of cooling, those two make up a fairly substantial grow space. What is your plan for cooling? Are you going to install a mini-split with two stations? Or...?

I've read that mini-splits are significantly better than the traditional "window / wall" air conditioner units.

Thats whats awesome about these strips, no cooling needed, well, directly anyways. Of course entire atmosphere is another animal,lol..

Im not sure yet im still shopping around there's one good thing about going with hps light to cool them of i distribute the heat through my house duc keeping house warm in the winter lol using the blower with filter to bring cool air i bring it in from outside when deeded in the winter i think its easier to control heat. in the summer month well that's a hole different game hopefully they will give me a permit to grow outside in the summer but that being said i have to setup now for winter month.

Back
Top Bottom