Need advice on lights

BUCKER

Looking at getting one large 300watt led light or a few smaller 50watt led bulbs. The box im growing can only fit one or two plants. So my question is what would be the better option to get if even any at all or if i should try a diffrent light system completely.
Heres the lights im looking at and the box im goning to be using.
420-magazine-mobile1338883211.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2145242895.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1214958091.jpg

My friend, jmust please dont buy those bullshit lights. Galaxyhydro, its impossible mate. 80 us for leds, no its impossible, the same as new original Adidas for 0,50 cent...

U can spend money now for cheap lights or you can buy more expensive and for long time... try to concentrate to LED COB's , in my opinion Citizen Clu058. At the moment the best in market

Yup, i wanted to see if led truly worked but didnt want to end up with a dud (specially since international shipping is expensive)
Ok i think im going to do that and start with an led bulb or two. Do you know if i need to upgrade it to a bigger light for the flowering stage?

My friend, jmust please dont buy those bullshit lights. Galaxyhydro, its impossible mate. 80 us for leds, no its impossible, the same as new original Adidas for 0,50 cent...

I have had pretty decent results with the "el cheapo" led for the last year, may have been a lucky roll of the dice but haven't had any issues with the lights so far. As no point spending a lot of money if you find out you don't have what it takes to grow or it isn't worth it in your current situation, as it is not for everyone. As you are starting in a cabinet no point in going fancy, if you move up in the world to a larger growing space then you can spend more money on something else, as the cabinet is good for seedlings/clones if you do move up in the world for a growing space (that and it's always nice to have a separate Veg and Flower area).

50W High Power led +Heatsink Cooler+ LED Driver+lens+driver for fan+cable+12v2a

3500K, great for flower and Veg
$26

Drill a huge hole, set it right in that opening at the top, perfect. Cut a hole on the side, For ext fan, one for in, one for out.

Be a cool microgrow

................-------------
l l
..........fan..l.....light......l..fan
.................-------------
............... l.................l
................l.................l
................l.................l

You're going to have way better results with a warm white LED than you ever will with red and blue (purple) grow lights. The reason why those lights are purple is not because they are good for plants it's because that is the only colors old "narrowband" LEDs can make very well. It's a big marketing trick that plants only use red and blue light by the LED manufacturers because the LEDs themselves can only make red and blue so it works perfect for them.

You should really check this out:
61lluNbbPcL_SL1000_.jpg

Buy two of those 50W floodlights and you can turn one off and get your seedlings going then get both going and have light coming from multiple angles. Brother to brother this is going to be your best bet, white LED trumps purple LED any day of the week. Plus don't you want to be able to see your plant? :) :) :)

P.S. the galaxyhydro only pulls 120 watts from the wall and uses cheap LEDs that burn out (aka decrease in brightness) quickly. U dont want it!!

Blurple lights get a bad rep but they can grow from seedling to harvest. They just AREN'T the BEST but you can grow good plants with them.

I would get the Vipaspectra 300W about $80 on Amazon. Someone on this forum grew a pound using that brand off a single auto flower.

To summarize, blurples aren't top notch but they're an easy and cheap way to get started. I would go with a Vipaspectra, the Galaxy Hydro you posted, or a Mars Hydro. All about the same price on Amazon. You can always get an expensive COB set up later when you are more experienced, at which point you can still use your LED panel in addition

If you are still shopping around come check us out. We also have 420 members who our doing journals with all models of our lights. In case you want a better look at them. Hit me up. Happy Growing

I built one like that, it worked well for a first-time effort. I added 4 3000k CFLs to balance out the spectrum a little. I used a 340 CFM muffin fan to pull air out the back through a plenum that I stuffed with activated charcoal for scent control and a little PC case fan inside for circulation.
IMG_192837.JPG

I grew 2 WW, one on a 5 gal cloth and 1 in a 3 gal. I got 3.5 OZ dried and cured.
IMG_198836.JPG

Back
Top Bottom