Need thoughts and opinions from experienced growers on LED lighting

Darsain

Hello everyone,

I am a first time grower, and after doing a lot of research I decided to turn over to LED technology on my autoflower grow.
I have recently purchased this 600w led panel on ebay: 600W LED Plant Grow Light Full Spectrum Lamp Indoor Greenhouse Veg & Flower Hot

But only after the item has been shipped, I realized that the item does NOT contain UV or IR. ("1. Low heat, no UV or IR light radiation")

I hear UV and IR greatly improves yield amount and trichomes production, but how serious is that?

Should I consider buying another light source just for UV and IR?

Subbed.

Interested to see how you can introduce some UV/IR in a 4'x4' are if there are none included in your fixture

Can you please elaborate your point?
There are some small LED grow bulbs with UVB and IR. Might not be enough but its still better than nothing.

Can you please elaborate your point?
There are some small LED grow bulbs with UVB and IR. Might not be enough but its still better than nothing.

So I just started my first grow, just beginning week 1 today, and I'm not happy with the LED that I had purchased, so before I get too far I decided to upgrade, and am currently making an order from one of our sponsors here.

The problem is it doesn't seem like the new light I'll be getting covers UV looking at the spectrum. While my old LED does have 2 UV LEDs, I don't really want to draw 325W just to cover the UV range. So am wondering if there's an effective easy way to introduce just UV or UV/IR light into my tent.

A small light bulb like that sounds optimal if it'll only take a couple to cover a 4'x4' area.

you can check out Mars Pro II Epistar series lights,this light have UV and IR diodes.
cup5.jpg

Just walk into any pet store and tell them you need a ReptiSun 10.0 bulb, lol. You'll need a fluorescent fixture to match your bulb wattage/length (there are several to choose from, AfaIK).

So I just started my first grow, just beginning week 1 today, and I'm not happy with the LED that I had purchased, so before I get too far I decided to upgrade, and am currently making an order from one of our sponsors here.

The problem is it doesn't seem like the new light I'll be getting covers UV looking at the spectrum. While my old LED does have 2 UV LEDs, I don't really want to draw 325W just to cover the UV range. So am wondering if there's an effective easy way to introduce just UV or UV/IR light into my tent.

A small light bulb like that sounds optimal if it'll only take a couple to cover a 4'x4' area.

I hear you can insert a reptile light bulb into your setup, but you should only start using it on the final 2 weeks or so.
Since UV could harm plants growth while increasing frost production...

I ran a single 18" (ReptiSun 10.0) centered over three plants, in an extra-long vegetative period, 18 hours/day. Didn't seem to harm the plants any (they basically fought constantly to see which could grow into the big LED panel that the UV bulb is a part of, lol).

As in all things, YMMV, of course....

Generally speaking the UV/IR is a "checkbox" for LED manufacturers. Both UV and IR are very inefficient diodes and in most configurations how they are included they put out such a small amount of light the plant won't be able to tell. As Tortured Soul put it if you really want UV, get a reptile bulb because it puts out UVA and UVB.

Don't worry about your purchase it'll grow great :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom