Anyone tell me about this LED?

donmayn

Got given this LED from a friend, he got it gifted as well.. he used it through veg with no problems and didnt dare risk it through flower so im debating trying it but no nothing about leds so gonna leave this one in the hands of the knowledgeable people here at 420..

420-magazine-mobile350535833.jpg

Switching would help ALOT seen as my temps are going crazy with hps lol

Hey donmayn,

U should be good to go flowering with that guy. Hard to tell anything about it, but looks like epistar LEDs. I suggest using it over a 2x4 area. Have fun and enjoy growing with LED!!

Got given this LED from a friend, he got it gifted as well.. he used it through veg with no problems and didnt dare risk it through flower so im debating trying it but no nothing about leds so gonna leave this one in the hands of the knowledgeable people here at 420..

If it's actually using a true 420 watts and all the LEDs light, that's a nice gift! Why wouldn't you want to use it? Can you post a photo of the illuminated LEDs?

If it's actually using a true 420 watts and all the LEDs light, that's a nice gift! Why wouldn't you want to use it? Can you post a photo of the illuminated LEDs?

Im sceptical only because iv got consistent good yield and good dense nugs with my 400w , i dont want to risk it under this but maybe i will this time lol
This is with the

Im sceptical only because iv got consistent good yield and good dense nugs with my 400w

It looks good to me!
When you put it side by side with your 400 watt, does the output look about the same?
Can you measure the electric current? If it's really using 420 watts like on the label, it should be using about 4 amps at 110 volts. (My guess is that that 420 watt figure is the maximum combined LED current capacity, and that the actual current draw will be more like 2 amps.)

If you don't want it, I'll take it! ;)

It looks good to me!
When you put it side by side with your 400 watt, does the output look about the same?
Can you measure the electric current? If it's really using 420 watts like on the label, it should be using about 4 amps at 110 volts. (My guess is that that 420 watt figure is the maximum combined LED current capacity, and that the actual current draw will be more like 2 amps.)

If you don't want it, I'll take it! ;)

Output being the brightness? Yes pretty close but im guessing my space is too small for both lights sooo its gonna be bright. What piece of equipment do i need to test all this? The current and so on? I really want to try it but dont wanna suffer in my yield!!! And hahaha i bet you bloody would!!

You could use an electric multimeter to measure the current, but a Kill A Watt electricity usage monitor would easier. You just plug the light into it. But since you've got a 400-watt unit already and the brightness looks pretty close, it looks like you have your answer.

I grew one 14" diameter dwarf on 200 true watts, roughly the equivalent amount of light from one, 400-watt LED light. It had plenty of light and high yield, but nothing excessive. I'm guessing that using both of your lights won't be excessive. Yield is proportional to light intensity and cannabis loves light, so...

From my experience in reef tanks, that looks like a aquatic LED. a lot of blues and whites in there for it to be a MMJ light.

From my experience in reef tanks, that looks like a aquatic LED. a lot of blues and whites in there for it to be a MMJ light.

Interesting. (However, I personally think it's important not to get too obsessive about the exact light spectrum, as in, "OMG, if I use this, I'll ruin my grow.")

Interesting. (However, I personally think it's important not to get too obsessive about the exact light spectrum, as in, "OMG, if I use this, I'll ruin my grow.")

Totally, I agree. One thing I will say is the aquatic LEDs come with some fancy programmers that the MMJ side of the market haven't incorporated. I can set my lights by the minute 24/7 all built into the light.

The added blues might actually help a lot with veg cycle promoting tight node spacing!

Your led panel is similar to mine i use cfl for 1st 3-4 weeks then x2 panels for flower currently on autos atm.Off my past grows led keeps your babys from stretching they also frost up your buds and keeps the buds dense.
Here is a pic of my 2 they will be 4 week old in 4 days time.

Here's one for ya
420-magazine-mobile754679693.jpg
I ran a mars hydro 300, and a Illuminator Jumbo UFO, for veg and added a 400 watt hps for the last week then flipped to flower the best buds were under the Mars light and HPS the mars is more blue as well so go for it you can add another 400 actual watts no problem and still be cooler than the HPS any ways
420-magazine-mobile753674250.jpg

Here's one for ya
420-magazine-mobile754679693.jpg
I ran a mars hydro 300, and a Illuminator Jumbo UFO, for veg and added a 400 watt hps for the last week then flipped to flower the best buds were under the Mars light and HPS the mars is more blue as well so go for it you can add another 400 actual watts no problem and still be cooler than the HPS any ways
420-magazine-mobile753674250.jpg
Looking good redmud well done

Back
Top Bottom