Infrared light

Thyming

I have a security camera on my plants that switches to infrared at night. Does anyone know if the plants can sense this. And mess up the flowering schedule?

IR LEDs for cameras and remotes are usually in the range of 850 to 940 nanometer wavelength, which is low enough to be invisible to both us and, I seriously suspect, plants as well. I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet you'd be fine with the IR lights on.

Just as scientific mentioned, those cameras usually start at 850nm, Phytochrome (Fr) only absorbs to just slightly beyond 800nm so its extremely unlikely that the IR would effect the plants, but I also say that with confidence but not certainty.

just a quick add. If you Wiki IR's it is a non-visible form of electromagnetic radiation. Putting in the class of an X-ray. What, if any the plant is or does absorb. Wont stimulate photosynthesis if the rooms other lights are off. It does not hold the properties needed.

They use it for weather tracking maps, rain densities and outer space applications. The Hubble use's it to probe densities of galaxies. No scientist here but.... would guest it is add to create what would be in what they are calling Full Spectrum LEDs. Daily sunlight has properties and a spectrum that is far beyond what visible light holds. And indoor lights lack.

I have a friend who swears that if you use LED's only. To install a UVA-UVB bulb that you NEED to supply lizards/ chameleons and such. It is what would be in natural sunlight but LED's are weak in / produce. Compared to Metal-H or HP Sodium bulbs. He is doing Auto's under LED's and at first added a HPS kit for flower to help boost what the LED's helped produce. But he losses' out on the cost savings and now has added heat.

He started using these bulbs with the LED's 4 or 5 grows back. He noticed nicer, denser buds then with just LED's. He has a 10pk of the same Auto so he does have a good reference to compare to. The reptile bulbs are as cool as LED's and don't make the meter outside spin faster either!! My thinking is does the plant require IR and UVA-UVB to help it grow?? Put a tomato plant in the center of a field. Then an identical one in LED or Florescent bulbs. Watch and see what happens and compare. keeper green.......

...Peace.....

:420:

this is just shared info from others trials and errors and thinking outside the box. The plant knows what to do on its own. We are the ones that are being gardened

You don't "need" it, however it's beneficial, it's been shown to increase THC + CBD. There's also other ways to get UV A/B aside from reptile bulbs, theres specifically designed fluorescent bulbs out there that are made for introducing UV to your garden

Back
Top Bottom