COB & Heatsink Question

Management

Hello,

I´ve just finished my first grow with a dyi cxb 3590 light in a 4x4 tent and I really enjoyed the result, so I was planing to upgrade my 4x8 tent with cobs as well.

Been reading a lot about which cobs to use since cree is apparently not the leading company anymore and not the best price-performance out there. So I´ll most likely go for Vero 29s, just not sure yet if 3500k all the way or a mixture since I´m only growing cuttings which I let veg around a week before blooming (so mainly blooming).

I´ve read about using roughly 40w/sqft so that´d be around 32 cobs running at 1050mA.

My main problem about all this is that 32 of those pined 120mm are pretty expensive so I was looking at following alternative:

I would like to attach 4x cobs onto this heatsink, so 8x heatsinks in total, after my calculations it should have 9900qcm and I need 8316qcm to passivly cool them (calculated with 50HeatWatts to be save). Would be awesome if someone who calculated this before could take a look at this!
I´m also not completly sure if this heatsink would work if I attach a cob each on the ending of the heatsink since it is only 1meter (3,28 feet) long and the box is as mentioned 4 feet long(spreading light propperly). Mainly because a lot of heat would be produced on the end of the heatsink due to one cob beeing placed there.

Since english isn´t my first language I hope this is understandable, would love some input on this!

Thanks - Management :volcano-smiley:

Edit: for easier calculation I thought I´ll convert all mm parts into inches(I personaly used mm):
lenght: 1000mm == 39,37inches
widhe: 150mm == 5,905 inches
height: 25mm == 0,984252 inches

the other mm needed:
5mm == 0,19685 inches
2,5mm == 0,0984252 inches
2mm == 0,0787402 inches
8,83mm == 0,3476378 inches

Back
Top Bottom