Looking for best advice

Keepitclean

Just got my 4x4 gorilla tent but still unsure on what light to get I'm stuck in between mars II 1200 or 1600... any advice on which one would be best or any others... thanks and keep it lit

I have been doing alot of research on cob lights and the science is there but cant find a brand that doesnt seem cheap i guess.. Not that i want them to be expensive it just makes me wonder... Like ppl rave about the king x5 cob led... And its nice but does it really put off better light than a viparspectra par 700?...and thats the 700 vs a 1500 w.... Viparspectras 1200 par.. Is ridiculous. And the x5 is half the cost of the par 700. Just not sure if there are viable cob options short of building the light yourself.. Is it really a dream come true were the better option is way cheaper.. I just have my doubts .. If someone could crush them i would buy a cob today

I have been doing alot of research on cob lights and the science is there but cant find a brand that doesnt seem cheap i guess.. Not that i want them to be expensive it just makes me wonder... Like ppl rave about the king x5 cob led... And its nice but does it really put off better light than a viparspectra par 700?...and thats the 700 vs a 1500 w.... Viparspectras 1200 par.. Is ridiculous. And the x5 is half the cost of the par 700. Just not sure if there are viable cob options short of building the light yourself.. Is it really a dream come true were the better option is way cheaper.. I just have my doubts .. If someone could crush them i would buy a cob today

Yeah I have my doubt too with the cob lights for some odd reason looking into it now... I'm really liking the mars 1200 or 1600 tho the viparspectra 1200 is a nice piece to for the price... just trying to get more people with the same lights I'm looking into to chime in too with a 4x4 tenot which is something I already picked up

There's so many variables to all of it. Everything from cheap Chinese stuff inefficient but effective. To super costly multi channel dimmable lights.

Determine your price point and then decide what you want from your light. If you just want a bunch of light cheap then Chinese is fine, just don't let them get too hot. There will probably be new chips out in a couple years anyways.

If price doesn't matter there are lots of great options available.

If your handy you could assemble your own, several companies sell diy kits then it's a little more tailor fit to your needs.

There's so many variables to all of it. Everything from cheap Chinese stuff inefficient but effective. To super costly multi channel dimmable lights.

Determine your price point and then decide what you want from your light. If you just want a bunch of light cheap then Chinese is fine, just don't let them get too hot. There will probably be new chips out in a couple years anyways.

If price doesn't matter there are lots of great options available.

If your handy you could assemble your own, several companies sell diy kits then it's a little more tailor fit to your needs.

What are those company names that sell good diy kits

I use a 1000 watt HPS in my 4x4. But I'm old and set in my ways and haven't gone to LED. Hard to beat them for large dense buds.

I use a 1000 watt HPS in my 4x4. But I'm old and set in my ways and haven't gone to LED. Hard to beat them for large dense buds.
Ya but for the cost to run that light i could run 2 4x4 tents with 1200w leds..still cheaper and thats not including that you need an a.c. unit running too..

good evening, I was reading you look to lights, my advice would be look also for the 2700 Kelvin house use leds, I'm also new like but I use house use leds in my small 50 ×50 cm*2 garden that's now in the 10th day of flowering

We have a sponsor here SunPlus, Techman on these forums is their rep. I just purchased one of their SunPlus Pioneer P6 LED/COBs, I did get it for $499 prior to it's price raising to $619(I think) and I have been nothing short of happy with the purchase. It draws about 630w on full mode, and I don't forsee myself having any problems flowering my 4'x4' tent with it.

Compared to prices of some other LEDs on the market, this thing is really cost effective for what it puts out.

Here's a link to the thread, you can find the specs in there. Can also check out my journal and see it there.
SunPlusLED Q&A Forum

Back
Top Bottom