LED Light to small growbox?

kimajo

Hi all,

First off. Amazing to see so many passionate growers here!! For a newbie like me this is a great source of information and inspiration.

So, to my question.

What LED light would is recommended for a fairly small growbox (Wide 80cm Depth: 60cm Height: 80cm)

Quality light is key so I have been looking at both the VIPARSPECTRA VT300 300W LED Grow and V450
But I am worried this will be to much wattage for the space measured above and that my plants will suffer from overlightning.

A few side notes worth mentioning:
- I will be growing with a hydropnics system
- I will be training my plants LTS, ScrOG to keep them as short as possible
- I value quality over quantity

I would appreciate any comments on the lights listed above for this particular grow space and also other alternative LED lights that might be more suitable.

Thanks

I have my veg cabinet that measures about the same. Mine is 45cm deep, 90 cm wide and 120cm tall. I used to use a king 300 in there with no problem.. I've upgraded to an 800w Intenze gro now and although I had to raise my light to achieve around 80° at plant canopy, still no problem. Remember you can't give them too much light, but the light can be too much for them as far as heat is concerned. You're looking for that sweet spot where you won't have to move the light all the time. I would buy an inexpensive led for veg, and a killer full spectrum for flower. That's how I started.

Thanks Guy! Your cabinett is 40cm taller then mine so that will give you some extra room. But I will go for the 300W model, and perhaps upgrade to a 450 later on if needed.

Back
Top Bottom