Should I get the Mars Reflector or Mars II? What's the difference exactly?

28 Grams

I'd love to hear a response from the Mars Hydro sales rep on the forum.

On another thread I saw this
They are both the same, just intensity is higher on the mars 2. For small indoor grows, the reflector series is great. If you are looking for more of a larger commercial, or you need more than about 5 feet of penetration past the canopy then the mars 2 is for you. I hope this helps
- From this thread

Edit: I have found other info online that confirms that quote above.

I have a 3x2.66' (5 square feet) tent. Should I get the Mars Reflector 96 or Mars Reflector 144? Will the 144 be too much light and burn my plants, or will the plants benefit from the extra true 100watts?

Hi Grams, Reflector 144 is better compared with reflector 96. The coverage of reflector 144 is 4'x2', true watt is about 290w, that will give you 290w/(3x2.66')sq feet=36w/sq feet, which is in the range of 30w-50w per sq feet(better for plants growth)

I'd love to hear a response from the Mars Hydro sales rep on the forum.

On another thread I saw this
- From this thread

Edit: I have found other info online that confirms that quote above.

I have a 3x2.66' (5 square feet) tent. Should I get the Mars Reflector 96 or Mars Reflector 144? Will the 144 be too much light and burn my plants, or will the plants benefit from the extra true 100watts?

Yes, Mars II will stop producing, after all stock light sold out, Mars II light will be a history, but we will continue to provide warranty to Mars II lights

Mars 11 is being discontinued so I would go with the reflector

Hi Grams, Reflector 144 is better compared with reflector 96. The coverage of reflector 144 is 4'x2', true watt is about 290w, that will give you 290w/(3x2.66')sq feet=36w/sq feet, which is in the range of 30w-50w per sq feet(better for plants growth)

Hi Sara, thanks for the reply! Can I ask you another question?

Actually I mis-typed. I meant to say (3x1.66) sq feet which is 5 square feet.
290/5 = 58w/sq feet, is that too much?

If I get the reflector 96 it will give me 38w/sq feet.

Hi Gram, if your tent is 3x1.66, I would recommend our Mars Pro II 120 which the coverage is 3'x2', true watt is about 250w, so will give you 50w/sq feet. :high-five: within the range, more light =more yields.

Hi Sara, thanks for the reply! Can I ask you another question?

Actually I mis-typed. I meant to say (3x1.66) sq feet which is 5 square feet.
290/5 = 58w/sq feet, is that too much?

If I get the reflector 96 it will give me 38w/sq feet.

Hi Dave, have you start your new grow journal?

Within reason, you can't have too much light. I would get the best light you can afford. I have had very good luck with my Mars II lights. I have a 900 and 2 400s. I am just upgrading to a Pro II 320. They all work well and will get good results with any of their lights. :circle-of-love::peace:

Hi Gram, if your tent is 3x1.66, I would recommend our Mars Pro II 120 which the coverage is 3'x2', true watt is about 250w, so will give you 50w/sq feet. :high-five: within the range, more light =more yields.

Awesome!!

What exactly is the difference between the reflector and pro ii series?
Also on the mars-hydro website it says the pro ii 120 covers 2x1.5 feet :(
Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

Oh, So sorry, I typed wrong, the coverage of Mars Pro II 160 is 3'x2'. really really sorry.
Mars Pro II is the upgraded reflector series, unlike reflector, Mars Pro II haven't install with lenses, so it won't block the light when come from chips.:Namaste: In one cup, Mars Pro II have several different color leds, when the light come out from chips, the reflective cup will mix the light and then reflect back to plants:high-five: Reflector only have one led in every reflective cup.
P0KDU3_F3P8549LNU1R_RUE.png

Awesome!!
What exactly is the difference between the reflector and pro ii series?
Also on the mars-hydro website it says the pro ii 120 covers 2x1.5 feet :(
Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

No problem Sara!

Thanks for always answering questions on here and helping us out. I'm sorry to say I ended up getting a Triple-COB kit. I just kept reading online over and over how COB's are the best.

It's OK, thank you for your kind words, and hope you happy growing:green_heart:
If you have any question later can feel free to contact with me

No problem Sara!

Thanks for always answering questions on here and helping us out. I'm sorry to say I ended up getting a Triple-COB kit. I just kept reading online over and over how COB's are the best.

The pro ii series is in a different league than mars ii and reflector series. They're much better

I'm happy with my reflector 48..but I would have went 144 if I could have
420-magazine-mobile358433656.jpg

Reflector144 can cover 2'x4', reflectro48 can cover 2'x2'. If your reflector 48 can cover your plants well and you want more powerful light, you can choose marsII400. if reflectro48 can not cover your plant well, you can choose light with bigger coverage.

Back
Top Bottom