Can I Use These For Germination & Seedlings?

Jigger

Hi All!

I was just wondering if you think these lights would be good for the seedling stage? My seeds roots have just popped out and they are ready to go in a pot.

I have 2 X GroLux F36W/Gro and 1 X T8 Tri-Phosphor Fluro 1X18W 1350 Pumen Output.

These are a couple of lights that have been at my place for a long time, never used. I don't mind buying different ones but I thought these might be ok. The GroLux lights give off a purplish light.

Any help with confirming, or recommendations anyone can provide would be good.

Thanks!

GroLux is kinda old technology--I remember when it was introduced in the early 70s--but that purplish light has the same rational as the "blurple" light of modern LED grow lamps: it emits light in wavelengths that plants can use and not where they don't.

I don't know the tri-phosphor, but I'd guess that with three phosphors it will emit a balanced spectrum that a plant can use.

So yeah, those should do the job! Remember with fluorescents you both can and should get them very close to the plants--just inches away. Use the "back of the hand" test to make sure the plants aren't too warm.

Back
Top Bottom