Philips Agro-Lite bulb?

alle-Mein

About to start growing an indoor plant... so today I went to home depot and bought wood and supplies to make myself a 1 by 1 square foot 4feet high area to grow 1 plant for personal use. My friend did the same thing, so were gonna have 2 plants growing at the same time... ordered some NL =) Will make a journal...

anyhow, so I bought this Agro-Lite bulb from Home depot. It's made by Philips, rated at 120w, 2000hrs life. Its specially for "plant life" says on box "for the acceleration of indoor plant growth." I turned it on to see how it looks, nice output. Now my question is, should I keep this bulb or go with flourcent, I dont want to do HPS since I am growing only 1 plant. My main concern is power consumption since it will be on atleast 18hrs, and also is 1 foot away from the plant enough distance or should I have it closer? It seems to create alot of heat.

Thanks
-Mike

that light should be fine, as far as distance between light and plant all depends on the amount of heat the bulb gives off. Check by placing hand between the two and check the intensity if it's too hot for you then it's definitely too hot for the plant. Hope this helps. Good luck man.
Peace P420

Just bought some Northern Bright which is a hybrid of Northern Light and Haze... as a first time grower I expect to make lots of mistakes, the 2nd time round I hope otherwise =)

As far as light goes, I have the whole inside in Alu-Foil and towards the bottom I will have it curve to the middle, so also the light will reflect from bottom up... I'm just doing this to not have to buy anymore, prob like the majority that grow.

I'll keep you up to date with my grow, I'll start the journal in about 2 weeks from now... gonna be growing this stuff in my college apartment. =)

-Mike

i would think go wiht flourals.. because the heat that the hps puts off yes hps are great light but wiht the space the hps takes up and how far away u got to keeep it away from the plants i would go wiht the flourals becasue u can have them like 2 inches away and not really worry about to many heat problems :goof: :allgood:

I made the mistake of buying that too. It's not a grow light. I would buy a relatively high wattage compact florescent bulb like around 70 watts or more depending on how many you are going to use.

Back
Top Bottom