How far do you guys keep your COBs from the top of the canopy?

28 Grams

I'm on my first grow using COB's: 3 Vero 29 chips about 3 inches apart from each other in a line using 230W total. No optics.

My plants which are in early flower seemed to be doing fine at 12" and I just lowered it to 11", so I'll see how it goes. I'm just curious to what everyone else is doing.

I'm on my first grow using COB's: 3 Vero 29 chips about 3 inches apart from each other in a line using 230W total. No optics.

My plants which are in early flower seemed to be doing fine at 12" and I just lowered it to 11", so I'll see how it goes. I'm just curious to what everyone else is doing.

When we use 110W Mars Hydro COB, we keep 12'--18' during flowing stage. I think you can see instruction manual about your light height from plants.

I have read that between 18 - 24 is ideal for COBS. I just got my 1300w COB setup running. My plants took over (long story once you hear it) and are loving the cob lights. They are in 23rd day of flower and continue to stack up real thick and stretching for the lights. I have 0 headroom left to move up and canopy is around 9 inches now to the lights and no signs of bleaching or burns.

Because of the close spacing of the arrays, I'd almost treat this like a hps-single source lighting. Ultimately, your plants are going to tell you what they want.

I would worry about light bleaching with a cob that close. But some strains are more resistant than others.

Yeah. For example my big bud strain can grow really damn close to the lamp and not react the slightest bit while one of my white widow pheno's will get light bleaching if I'm not keeping the lights at least 40cm from the canopy

Back
Top Bottom