Soldering Iron

cGISk

Good morning everybody. I've been lurking around this site for a good while now and have slowly become obsessed with LED lighting. My plans include multiple lights for growing and aquariums. To this date I've tinkered around with a few single emitters and have one Cxa307 blasting the ladies currently. The current soldering iron I have works, but it's a old, a leftover from my RC car racing days. So my question to you all is,

What soldering iron do you guys use or recommend for semi-experiecened soldering on a somewhat tight budget?

Right now Weller has my eyes, but they are pricey.

Weller has a really affordable variable heat iron that I have been using in my recording studio for ever 7 years now. I linked the exact one below. I would not go any cheaper if I were you. I may be new to LED Lights but soldering is in my bag. Trust me, $40 is cheap when you look at the other $900 iron that my friend has for Honeywell. I promise if you are just doing things here and there, this is the one for you. I hope that helps. Post some as you go pics if you would. I am very interested to see how your project goes. Grow em' Ripe!

Weller 40-Watt Soldering Station CTOWLC100 - Walmart.com

Weller has a really affordable variable heat iron

I have had the exact model you mentioned for years. It's not fancy (for example, the stiff vinyl cords kinda bug me--they'd be more flexible silicone on a more expensive model) but it has the power for bigger jobs and can be turned down for lighter work. Unless you're going to be using it all the time (in which case a more expensive model would be worth it), I think this is right in the sweet spot.

Thanks Ripe1 & Scientific, that was exactly what I was looking for. I will probably forgo the $100 Hakko or Weller and purchase the one you linked. It gets great reviews and for under $40 plus free shipping on Amazon its hard to pass up. As far as pictures go, I still haven't got the stones to post pictures as I live in a State that sucks..

No worries about the pics man. Stay safe! Also, my bad for posting a Was-Mart link. I just wanted to show you the one I have. I'm glad you got it from somewhere else at least.

Back
Top Bottom