Very Small Grow - Inexpensive LED Options

rubenson

I have two very small grow areas. Each is 2' x 4' x 6' (48 cu. ft.) Veg side is doing well under T5s. When it comes to flowering, I figure 3 (4 max) five gallon containers will fit in the flower side.

Was originally planning on staying with T5s for the flower side - sacrificing max growth for low energy usage & heat. But now I'm thinking LEDs because it looks like a decent unit for such a small area (.75 sq meter) can be had for less than $200. Any suggestions for the biggest bang for the buck in the LED arena?

Regarding DIY, I'm not up to spending the time on a complete build but certainly could something along the lines of this video (which basically just strings together some led down bulbs):

[video=youtube_share;l2iMFPiltf0]
[/video]

Thanks for any ideas!

I use cheap Ebay LED strips, get 20 strips for $24. I wired them in parelle, so my driver was only $16 to run them. So, for these basic components, im in $40.

If i had to do again, Id get same lights, but mount them on aluminum Uchannel, half inch apart, 40 strips, 2 power supplies, $80.

The wiring cost, then need power switch, and Id add a volt/watt/amp meter.

So now, your at about about $120 bucks.

Not bad. Now, the hard part. ALOT of wiring, because you CANT piggyback them. U need a Positive and negative rail, then each strip needs wired into the rail.

Youd have to think it out well. and then decide how to hide all the wire.

or, you could go COB route, $25 each COB set-up, get 8 of them, still need aluminum chanel

You should check out HLG quantum boards. Their QB120 boards are easily the best bang for your buck. They consistently test above 2.0 PPF and don't require a heatsink. $30 a board.

You should check out HLG quantum boards. Their QB120 boards are easily the best bang for your buck. They consistently test above 2.0 PPF and don't require a heatsink. $30 a board.

Just so you know, they are going to delete your post, HLG isnt a PAYING advertiser here, and your not allowed to say, " You should check out HLG quantum boards" they will think your pushing product.

I should know, because mine was deleted just 2 days ago for basically saying the same thing,.

actually, lol, this is this exact same thread that it was deleted from, when i mentioned the same exact product.

Back
Top Bottom