How to calculate how many LED Watts is how many Lumens

Coerdringer

Hello!

So I've searched some threads, by keywords and not, and I didn't find an answer for my question. I know that there are over 500 pages, and when searched by keyword, there appeared to be around 50 pages - so perhaps there might be answer laying, somewhere... But I though this would be quicker. So I have also searched within google, and didn't find anything usefull. When looking for led lights, I usually find only how many watts they have, not their power. And the charts usually only cover like 5-10W. While in the shops, they don't put how many lumens the lamps have.

Also, do I need anything else for that kind of lamp? I read some topics here, and some of you say I would need better cooling. I have a 40x40x120 tent, and a 100m3/h fi 100mm fan in the ventilation tunnel. So firstly, what would be appropriate LED lamp for such tent, and will it be enough if I buy 13W clip fan? So it mixes the air and kind of cools the lamp.

Cheers!

not really understanding,

ok, so 3x3ft tent, correct?

Lumens mean nothing really in growing plants, so just take note of that, as to why its hard to find numbers on lamps.

You want PAR values. They are values that represent "Plant growth Photons" which are needed to grow plants. Lets just say, its the spectrum colors that the plant eats.

Now, the higher the PAR value, the better growth you'll get, as long as all the other parameters are in tune of the plant space. Like water, nutes, air temp, humidity, and of course, genetics.

Lost likely, the higher the PAR, the higher the watts. But also be informed, the higher the Watts, doesnt necessarily mean, higher the PAR. Keep that in mind.

If your looking for nice fruits, look for 700-1000 PAR at 18-24 inches away. If you can afford it, go with 5 COB cxb3590, Perfect for that space.

Or you can go Samsung diode boards.

ORRRRRR

If your real about growing plants, go with, Perfect Sun Dwarf Star, From Black Diamond LED, a Sponsored Retailer here at 420mag, You can find his Banner at the top of the page usually.

actually, Id just get a Perfect Sun LED, and call it a day, lol..

As for Fans, you going to need a rotating fan, best if you had 2, 1 one each side,

hope that helped,

Thank you for your response.

My tent is 40cmx40cm so 1 foot 3¾ inches x 1foot 3¾ inches.

Alright, so PAR values... I checked out these lights, and... Well my budget is not THAT big. To be honest, I asked about the numbers, because I saw on several threads, that they have like 200, or 600, or even 1000W, and I was wondering how to apply it to given space, but also because I'm using this app "Wish", on which I saw some really great offers of the lamps, but I wasn't sure which one would be the min and which max. I currently have CFL light, 125W around 6900 lumens, and well... While picking the lamp, I read everywhere that one should look on the lumens and not watts, because of course the watts is only a number of electricity it is eating and lumens is the number of how much intense the light is(which is kind of true), and of course the colour of the light(I mean the "K" values). But from what you presented me, apparently I should look for the PAR values, actually.

And of course I'm still going to buy the fan, since the one responsible for ventillation is a little bit weaker than it probbably should

ooooooo, ok, i see now. well, 1 cob would be good. You could even get one from the ebay for like $25, include Light, heatsink, fan, plug, 50Watts, or even the 100watts would be great in that small space.

or a samsung board.

but i would go the cob route, if your looking super cheap route, but samsung board doesnt have much heat either. $99

Back
Top Bottom