LED Light & Grow Tent Temps

Droopydroors

I'm a first time grower and I've been adding to my lights as my grow progressed. I am currently running 400 actual watts of led in my 2x4 tent. Before starting I read alot of information and found that 75f was a good place to keep you ambient temperature in your grow space. So after adding my newest light my temps are at 81-85 at the top cola. Right now it is around 20f were I live and my room temp in which the tent is in sits at 74f. I'm running a 4" exhaust 300cfm with scrubber. All flaps are open. I do not have the exhaust going out the window but I do have a crawl space I can vent the air into. I can open a window in that room but then at lights out the room will get super cold. So I was going to get the materials to get the exhaust into the crawl space but I don't think that will give me much more than 2-3 degrees maybe 5. Although that would put me in a good spot when I was looking tonight I found what seems to be alot of info stating that with LED lights optimal ambient temperature is around 85f. Is this correct or is it just more bad information that is lingering around that I have found? Thank you in advance.

re: LED Light & Grow Tent Temps

I'm wondering what the temp is at the rootball? Have you considered pulling the air from the crawl space? It should be cooler.

Venting warm moist air in to a crawl space is going to result in condensation, mold, and rot. Best to avoid imo.

Back
Top Bottom