Help With These T8 Lights I Have?

chadillac5580

I have three of these T8 fixtures (6 bulbs total). They are 2ft in width. How would you set these up and how many autoflower plants could I possibly grow with these?

Thanks for your time!
420-magazine-mobile282479854.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1887166536.jpg

You couldn't flip the photo to make it easier to read? :p

An F17T8/SPX65 ECO is an 1100 lumen, 6500K tube. (6500K is "daylight" color, kinda bluish white, good choice for growing.)

Fluorescent tubes don't get hot and work best as close as possible to the plants (just inches away), so that's how I'd set them up: close together (touching) and very close to the plants. Don't try to run a giant grow room with those. Put them in about a 2' x 2' grow space and they should work OK.

You couldn't flip the photo to make it easier to read? .

Google is your friend. GE lighting catalog

An F17T8/SPX65 ECO is an 1100 lumen, 6500K tube. (6500K is "daylight" color, kinda bluish white, good choice for growing.)

Fluorescent tubes don't get hot and work best as close as possible to the plants (just inches away), so that's how I'd set them up: close together (touching) and very close to the plants. Don't try to run a giant grow room with those. Put them in about a 2' x 2' grow space and they should work OK.
Thank you for replying, and sorry about the upside-down pic.
I've since set up a small spot. I put some reflective material I had around the area. I'm also putting a smaller fan inside so I can enclose it more. I'll definitely move the lights closer than I have them now (6" from the leaves).
These autoflower seeds were given to me, and everything else so far I just have laying around.
420-magazine-mobile991318753.jpg

I've since set up a small spot. I put some reflective material I had around the area. I'm also putting a smaller fan inside so I can enclose it more. I'll definitely move the lights closer than I have them now (6" from the leaves).
These autoflower seeds were given to me, and everything else so far I just have laying around.
420-magazine-mobile991318753.jpg

Looks good! :)

I got to thinking, at just 17 watts each, that's only 100 watts in all six lamps. You'll would want twice that much or more for one small plant, so do plan on adding more light. What you have is enough to support growth, but not to give big, dense, potent buds. The amount of light is the difference between pretty greenery and frosty greenery.

Back
Top Bottom