New grower - Please help - I don't know why my light doesn't work

Sebad

Hello everyone

I am a first time grower and super happy that I finaly have an the gear!
I watched numerous videos on how to set it all up and I am pretty sure everything is connected right.
That is why I find it weird that when I plug the light in it takes a second to come on and when it does come on there is hardly any light, I am even worried something might go wrong because the ballast makes this ratteling noice. PLEASE help me find out what the problem is because I have no idea and starting to get desperate. I will add photos and a video.
Thanks!
YouTube
Capture208.JPG

A rattling ballast sounds bad. :(
First, RTFM!
Next, double-check all your connections.
Are you sure they're correctly hooked up? Are you SURE?
Are they tight?
Unplug then re-plug the ballast.
The bulb looks like it's trying to light, so it's probably OK, but of course if you can substitute a known-good unit, that's next.
If all those fail, I suspect that you're out of luck...

All hid lamps need a few minutes to warm up... They don't start up at full intensity.. Rum it for 5 minutes before you decide it's faulty..

How about it Sebad? If you let that start-up arc in your video keep going for five minutes does it ever transition to full power?

No it stays the way you see in the vid, i know they take a couple minutes to ramp up so i waited about 10 min but was more worried about the sound from the ballast, i un-and replugged the kabels, sadly with the same result, could it be a problem with the kabel itself?

Back
Top Bottom