Newbie help please

Sksnorth

I am new to growing and have a question....I built a 4x4x4 plywood grow box and bought a 600 led with dual fans...my space is limited so thats why the height is a problem....well after realizing the cables that suspend the light are long i crunched the numbers and my grow height will be rather low between light and plants....So I am figuring on cutting a hole in top of box so i can run power cords and the cables through to a pulley for more height.....this way ill gain 6 in...a little long winded sorry about that but how close could i come to ceiling of box with light without worry about heat? do these light get hot on top?...i will be scrogging to keep canopy down......I will also be running a 4 in scrubber so that should cool it down im hoping also.....any ideas appreciated

You need at least 6 feet of height with ventilation. If your LED is 600 watts it would be the same as having a space heater in there. Most LEDS have to be 18" away from plants. Plants are in pots typically 9" high. Double the Height.:cheer:

thanks for the reply....typical newb i guess....I already bought the darn thing and my space is limited....major bummer....I ordered a 4 in fan/scrubber also....5 ft is all I have to play with...I live in the north i mean like way up north,its an old house basement is cool.....-39 here last night.......200 bills for plywood finished one side already cut and ready to be assembled...lol......I might just put the darn thing together run a dry run check on temps and if it doesnt work out ill start from scratch....and/or for cooler lighting options...any ideas?..no rush really 2 more months i retire then the tester man can go piss up a rope....

Should just get something like one of these. This is what I've been using for a year.

Apollo Horticulture 36"x36"x72" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing

1666337209277.png

I have a 4 inch fan exhaust with a variac for speed control. I don't scrog but instead grow auto's so they grow less than 3 feet tall. You could probably get away with 5 ft but you need a light that can get as far up as possible with low heat.

well i did something right i bought northern lights auto and white widow auto fem.....something easier for a start....couple here couple there....I appreciate the input grassmaster....Short grow season outdoors up here so a fella has to do what a fella has to do... Once retirement comes around i have a spot that is 6 ft the most i have but i have to move the hot water tank, no big deal its a hobby, its a learning curve or sure.....right now i have information overload from the net...my wife and I garden so its not like I am not new to growing plants....I have the ph and nutes down....time to just cool it down and KISS.....Keep It Simple Stupid....thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom