Why I prefer COBs to Quantum Boards

Grassmaster

Quantum Boards are essentially the same as COB'S. Except for the fact that they are spread out over a larger area to cover a large heat sink. The result. Quantum boards are too much like an LED box unit. With Quantum boards their is more cross lighting in the center causing the dreaded "hot in the center" problem. So the foot print is hot in the center and drops off as you move out to the edges. What they should do, is place less diode density in the center and increasing density as they move out toward the edges balancing out the foot print.

With COB's you can adjust them and balance them out to whatever shape you grow in. :morenutes:

Quantum Boards are essentially the same as COB'S. Except for the fact that they are spread out over a larger area to cover a large heat sink. The result. Quantum boards are too much like an LED box unit. With Quantum boards their is more cross lighting in the center causing the dreaded "hot in the center" problem. So the foot print is hot in the center and drops off as you move out to the edges. What they should do, is place less diode density in the center and increasing density as they move out toward the edges balancing out the foot print.

With COB's you can adjust them and balance them out to whatever shape you grow in. :morenutes:
With qb's you don't get shadows. I feel I get great penetration almost down to the pot. I haven't had a cob but love my qb lights

I am a Cob fan myself although never tried the QB. I have tried the LED panels with tradition burple colors but I get much better results with the COB set up

I am a Cob fan myself although never tried the QB. I have tried the LED panels with tradition burple colors but I get much better results with the COB set up
Agree about the burple. Much better coverage and overall frost establishment with my qb.

High and here is my 2 cents.
I have both Cree cxb cobs and Quantums.
They both grow excellent cannabis with cobs having an edge in output at the corners of a tent.
With that said, I'm adding four more Quantum boards @500w.
:)

With qb's you don't get shadows. I feel I get great penetration almost down to the pot. I haven't had a cob but love my qb lights

They work good but they could be much better. Look at the light readings in the video below. I was thinking of buying this one. Other than the power efficiency you may as well buy any box fan LED. Even in veg it drops off 250 PAR in a 4' by 4' and it's recommended for a larger space. Readings start at 7:15 in the video.

[video=youtube;ITlJGQ576-Y]
[/video]

They work good but they could be much better. Look at the light readings in the video below. I was thinking of buying this one. Other than the power efficiency you may as well buy any box fan LED. Even in veg it drops off 250 PAR in a 4' by 4' and it's recommended for a larger space. Readings start at 7:15 in the video.

[video=youtube;ITlJGQ576-Y]
[/video]
That's why I made my own and it covers a 4x4
edc700eb93dc4b2b07d6971d7b506f5f.jpg

That looks like the way to go. I bet you could take out a board or 2 in the middle of the tent for more even lighting.:goodjob:
What's great about it is I can throttle the whole panel down. Like right now I just transplanted those girls so I back them off to about 300 u moles but in about 2 weeks I'll have the whole board up to about 800 u moles for the rest of veg. Once I flip them I will go 1200 u moles over my whole 4x4 during flower until the last week then I'll back it down some

What's great about it is I can throttle the whole panel down. Like right now I just transplanted those girls so I back them off to about 300 u moles but in about 2 weeks I'll have the whole board up to about 800 u moles for the rest of veg. Once I flip them I will go 1200 u moles over my whole 4x4 during flower until the last week then I'll back it down some

I'm growing in a 3'by3' with a 4 COB system. Even lighting. I can go over a 1000 u moles easily at 400 watts. I'm growing a sensitive strain now (Amnesia Haze Auto Nirvana). After more than a month I can barely get it up to 150 watts at 350 u moles. The plants are sensitive to light but are growing well. This strain takes 3 months to grow.

If I can someday sale the surplus of weed (legally) with reasonable taxes. I'll probably increase up to a bigger tent with a similar set up to yours.

I think both are great lights compared to the LEDs. Just a slight different way of going about it. Hell I have to fire my mars 1200 watt to germinate to generate some heat in my tent

I think both are great lights compared to the LEDs. Just a slight different way of going about it. Hell I have to fire my mars 1200 watt to germinate to generate some heat in my tent

In the summer I'm going to save a lot of electricity. But right now (even though I live in Southern CA) I'm using a space heater to keep the temperatures in the zone. I used to have my LEC running at 350 watts. Watering my plants a lot less as these COB'S give off zero heat.

nice those lights looked great i wish i understood how to make them and shit im horrible with electricty lol thats the only reason i pay out the ass for good lights that are already assembled i have 2 perfect sun dwarf stars those were almost 500bux usd each oh plus i have a 1200w after market cob light in my flower tent and then just for side lighting on one of my plants i have a lil 35 or 40w from i cant remember which from mars hydro. but yea i wana get some good cob setups like the one u made how much was that light setup there??

nice those lights looked great i wish i understood how to make them and shit im horrible with electricty lol thats the only reason i pay out the ass for good lights that are already assembled i have 2 perfect sun dwarf stars those were almost 500bux usd each oh plus i have a 1200w after market cob light in my flower tent and then just for side lighting on one of my plants i have a lil 35 or 40w from i cant remember which from mars hydro. but yea i wana get some good cob setups like the one u made how much was that light setup there??

you can have them assemble and test the light for you. It's only a 25 buck charge on top of the kit ;)

Hi Stunned,

We also offer pre-wired QB kits, as well as pre-wired COB kits. All are plug and play, come with mounting hardware to attach to a frame, and are plug and play.

If anyone has questions about our lights, or COBs/QBs in general, I'd be happy to assist.

Have a good day.

Regards,
Dan

High and welcome back Dan.
Good to see ya round these parts.
800w of Timber Crees and 500w of Quantums in a 4x8
:passitleft:
IMG_20180203_200042.jpg
IMG_20180128_174803.jpg

Back
Top Bottom