Grow light LED - Need advice

Viceman

420 Member
Hello Everyone,

I'll soon be starting (first time) a batch of white widow (just ordered from Crop King Seeds - hopefully I'll find the time to post a nice journal on 420 forum.

So I'm getting everything ready. I was looking at about 4-5 plants in a 4x4 grow tent (initially considered 5x5 but it may be a bit too big - any input appreciated).

Now the big question, LED light. Budget is around 500$CAD so about 400$ USD. Trying to get the best bang for the buck. I've seen the Mars Hydro but as much as I've read ''good feedback'' I also read a lot of defect. I'm considering maybe a ViparSpectra which seems to be the best of the cheap models. I considered a 1200w but I may just do 2x 600W for my 4x4. I was looking at the PAR rating and not sure this would be optimal to cover the 4x4 for flowering. There is also Meizhi which appear to have similar rating accross the board.

Well I think most have been said.. I'm taking input from you guys to help me decide which light I should take to provide me the most based on my budget. Oh and final question, in terms of yield, I know it considers multiple variable but I've read a lot of 1g/w seen some post with up to 2 and other where it's much less than that. My ultimate goal would be around 1kg while understanding the current set up may not allow me to reach that (once again any idea to help me reach my goal is appreciated)

I'm taking any advice, I've read a lot in the last few weeks but officially will be starting in about 2 weeks from now and as mentioned I'll try to open a journal to keep everyone in the loop.

Re: Grow light LED - need advise

Check this out this is how to measure size of light for space .

Lst always advise .

Hope this helps ya pal welcome aboard my good sir .

f968ce4daaee777edee88264393e004d.jpg

4x4 feet and 7 feet high

Here is my girls in a 4x4x6.5' text

e7a0cb64538d46ae971e9958a26a3814.jpg
43b4172dd181cadf2db9fcbbd8a59754.jpg
led

Headband or sour kush

In coco advanced nutrients ph perfect .

Im our 4x4x8 we use 2 600w viparspectra. In the 3x3x6 we used 1 600w and 1 450w viparspectra. I had a mars 300w but it stopped working after 2 months

Now looking through everything - i found as well the king led 1000w which is lower power draw than the 600w vipar spectra but I could get 4 of them for the same price as 2 viprspectra so pretty much 1 per plant.. with an overall power draw slightly higher while increasing my coverage and making sure each plant get enough light.. what do you guys think?

Also if one break I could finish under 3 lights if needed so a bit more safe on that end as well..

Other options are welcome

Now looking through everything - i found as well the king led 1000w which is lower power draw than the 600w vipar spectra but I could get 4 of them for the same price as 2 viprspectra so pretty much 1 per plant.. with an overall power draw slightly higher while increasing my coverage and making sure each plant get enough light.. what do you guys think?

Also if one break I could finish under 3 lights if needed so a bit more safe on that end as well..

Other options are welcome

More lights more nutrients will be required it's about intensity but it sounds like you got it figured out .

I looked at a lot of lights. I had a budget of 500 for the 4x4. Im pretty sure i paid 170 each 600w Im am very pleased with the coverage. Im even more impressed with the quality of buds ive produced under them. So when it came time to buy a light for my 3x3 i looked at mars and spectrum king. Then bought a 450w vipar and just recently i picked up a 600w.

Hi Viceman,

I wanted to recommend one of our kits - these are plug and play and come with everything you need for mounting to a frame:

400 Watt Vero29 V7 (4) COB Grow Light Kit

This kit will cover a 3.5' x 3.5' area with PPFD values in the 900-1000 µmol/m²s range, ideal for full cycle/flowering usage.

If you have additional questions about our lights, or COBs in general, feel free to let me know.

Have a good day.

Regards,
Dan

$400 is not enough for proper LED, even with DIY you'll be on the meager side, have you considered getting a 600w HID and then save up for a better light while learning to grow?
It's also nice to have a little extra funds availabe when first starting out, a lot of things need to be added or replaced a long the ride.

$400 is not enough for proper LED, even with DIY you'll be on the meager side, have you considered getting a 600w HID and then save up for a better light while learning to grow?
It's also nice to have a little extra funds availabe when first starting out, a lot of things need to be added or replaced a long the ride.
I ended up buying qb board from China. Met my budget while being efficient and a quality product so far (4x304 boards) i will deal with this first grow amd see how it goes but already looking for my second tent and I will probably got with 6x304 boards this time and possibly add 2 to my current setup..

I ended up buying qb board from China. Met my budget while being efficient and a quality product so far (4x304 boards) i will deal with this first grow amd see how it goes but already looking for my second tent and I will probably got with 6x304 boards this time and possibly add 2 to my current setup..

Shit sorry, I already knew this from another thread :lot-o-toke:

Check out the linear light strips ;) DIY LED Strip Build Designs for Samsung H-Series, F-Series, Q-Series, and Bridgelux EB Gen.2 - LED Gardener

Back
Top Bottom