Best LED results

Backwoodsop

I'm looking for the best led light for the money my budget itsnt but 600 dollars I have a 5×5×6 room I usually try to have about 6 to 10 plants in it and I want this led to be kicking out some light and with fullspectrum with IR and UV does any one have any ideas

I'm looking for the best led light for the money my budget itsnt but 600 dollars I have a 5×5×6 room I usually try to have about 6 to 10 plants in it and I want this led to be kicking out some light and with fullspectrum with IR and UV does any one have any ideas

SunPlusUSA.com. We will be happy to work with you.

Happy Growing!

T.

I'd say diy, timber, cobkits, parhorta, or quantum boards. Build something or buy as big as you can and supplement with led bulbs or cfls or something as needed until you can add more led.

I was looking at a morsen max 12 i have done some research and it looks like a good buy but im not sure

That's just garbage, won't even cover 3x3 properly, and it's crap components.

You can't cover a big area properly with a single point of light.

You can't get proper LED for that space for that kinda money, if you're willing to throw $800 I can give you a recipe for a mean Quantum Board light, but you have to assemble it yourself, which is VERY easy and only takes a few hours to do ;)

$600 is not enough to fully light 5x5 with LED, not even the cheapest DIY solution will be sufficient, get a 1000w HID setup and save up for proper LED, it's the only worthwhile long term plan in your situation ;)

he might get away with 14-16 Luminus 22's? at 55 watts each, 880 watts to 1600 easy. 4 light bars with 4 pc cobs,

just an idea

That's just garbage, won't even cover 3x3 properly, and it's crap components.

You can't cover a big area properly with a single point of light.

You can't get proper LED for that space for that kinda money, if you're willing to throw $800 I can give you a recipe for a mean Quantum Board light, but you have to assemble it yourself, which is VERY easy and only takes a few hours to do ;)

If price is a concern for you id look at purchassing quantum board from china directly (alibaba) look out for qb288 or qb304 you could get 6 or even 8-9boards for around 600$(Including shipping, heatsink, drivers and connectors) and that would kill anything offered on the market.. high efficiency, high lumens output.. it doesnt get better than that and its in your budget.. assembly is a breeze

Definatly not the best led on the market. However, at home i have a Mars 720 144 reflector 3 panel. A King 600w a mate gave me and 2 300 wat vira. Running under those 2 viras, for the two plants, shits over the king and mars. Both respected cheap brands with proven results.

If price is a concern for you id look at purchassing quantum board from china directly (alibaba) look out for qb288 or qb304 you could get 6 or even 8-9boards for around 600$(Including shipping, heatsink, drivers and connectors) and that would kill anything offered on the market.. high efficiency, high lumens output.. it doesnt get better than that and its in your budget.. assembly is a breeze

Seen some of those, a bit vague descriptions, but if they're genuine Samsung LM561C S6 bin then it's a bargain. Have you tried ordering some?

Try the Viparspectra LED bro. They are so cheap and easily the best without going out and splurging 1k $$ on Kind LED or Advanced Platinum etc. I suggest a 600 watt Vipar reflector cost bout 320$ AU

All those are crap components and all you pay for is the box... The biggest Viparspectra lamp you can get won't even cover 3x3 properly.

If LED is a must i would look at getting a combination of GROWant lights

Why?

$600 worth of GROWant will cover ~2x2...

Seen some of those, a bit vague descriptions, but if they're genuine Samsung LM561C S6 bin then it's a bargain. Have you tried ordering some?

All those are crap components and all you pay for is the box... The biggest Viparspectra lamp you can get won't even cover 3x3 properly.

Why?

$600 worth of GROWant will cover ~2x2...

Yes I did order 4 board with 2heatsink(2 board per heatsink) and 2 drivers.. I got them in 2 1/2 days from china.. just finished setting up my tent yesterday.. the main concern you have when ordering from there is either getting LM561b+ or LM561C bin s5 instead of s6.. the difference is about 10% efficiency from top to the worst of the 3 so not a bad trade off for half the price.. you may still get the top bin.. there is just no visual distinction between them so the only way to know is testing voltage which I havnt done yet.. you'll still be pretty much close to twice as efficient as hps or blurple.. 4 qb boards running at about 500w is the equivalent of a 1000 hps

I dont know how to add pictures on this forum so I cant show you but they look perfect and do light up very bright in my 4x4

Edit: I paid just above 400usd including boards,drivers, heatsink, wago connector, wires (all the previous mentionned item were included in the package from the seller) shipping and custom to eastern canada. Seller was more than willing to put a low value (60$usd but he could have put gift or other amounts too) on the shipping so custom fees were very low

Yes I did order 4 board with 2heatsink(2 board per heatsink) and 2 drivers.. I got them in 2 1/2 days from china.. just finished setting up my tent yesterday.. the main concern you have when ordering from there is either getting LM561b+ or LM561C bin s5 instead of s6.. the difference is about 10% efficiency from top to the worst of the 3 so not a bad trade off for half the price.. you may still get the top bin.. there is just no visual distinction between them so the only way to know is testing voltage which I havnt done yet.. you'll still be pretty much close to twice as efficient as hps or blurple.. 4 qb boards running at about 500w is the equivalent of a 1000 hps

I dont know how to add pictures on this forum so I cant show you but they look perfect and do light up very bright in my 4x4

Edit: I paid just above 400usd including boards,drivers, heatsink, wago connector, wires (all the previous mentionned item were included in the package from the seller) shipping and custom to eastern canada. Seller was more than willing to put a low value (60$usd but he could have put gift or other amounts too) on the shipping so custom fees were very low

Thanks for that answer, just what I was wondering about :passitleft:

I have 4 of the 288 S6 bin boards from HLG in my 4x4, but would like 6 so I can run them a bit softer.
You also have to add $10 for sunglasses, can't even take a peek without being blinded :laughtwo:

You're joking i hope. He could easily get two G5-HiPAR series G400 for $440 and throw in a 240watt.
Hell he could get 5 240watts if he wanted.

I don't know anything about cobs and was just giving my opinion from the grows i've seen using different LED's that don't break your pocket.

Sorry, meant 3x3...

None of those options will cover a 5x5, at all, you'd have to get +9 of the 240 to get a proper saturation of +800 PPFD across the surface.

If your budget is only 600 bucks, you can get four 1000 watt Chinese LED's. They only run about 100 bucks a piece. I have a 4x4 tent with two 1000 watt light and one 600 watt light. My grow is going nicely. If you get four 1000 watt lights, it will only cost about 450 with shipping.

20180131_200338.jpg

If your budget is only 600 bucks, you can get four 1000 watt Chinese LED's. They only run about 100 bucks a piece. I have a 4x4 tent with two 1000 watt light and one 600 watt light. My grow is going nicely. If you get four 1000 watt lights, it will only cost about 450 with shipping.

20180131_200338.jpg

Surely none of those lights actually draw 600w or 1000w, at all, my guess is that you draw 600w combined.

The numbers the LED companies use are misleading at best, you have to read the specifications to know - if they even give the full picture which most companies don't...

To be able to know what a growlight is capable of you have to know:

-Components used, diodes and drivers
-Draw power in watt
-Physical size of the lamp
-PPFD readings from a variety of hanging distances, 12'', 18,'' 24'' should at least be known -> for proper light saturation you must have at least 800 PPFD on every square inch of your grow space.

Back
Top Bottom