Canadian LED suppliers?

smokinmonkey

I'm looking to buy some lighting. Possibly some COBs or a quantum board setup. Could I get some suggestions for Canadian retailers? Shipping and duties are quite high ordering from the US, and the exchange rate just makes it worse.

You can google "4alight" and try that link. The website is lacking, and when I conversed with the guy via email he was all over the map telling me about the light he can get and how awesome it was. Not the light I was inquiring about. So I stopped talking to him and now I'm looking for other options. Like yourself I wouldn't mind a COB or QB Board. Rapid LED has good pricing for COB's, but again everything comes out of the US.

I just ordered a Quantum 260 Watt kit from the US.
There were no customs or duty charges.
Yes, It was in US dollars, but keep in mind if you find it in Canada, I suspect the price will covert fairly closely
shipping was 50 bucks CAD

I used one of our sponsors here SunPlus, have actually purchased 2 units on 2 separate ocassions now and they've been great...only $29 shipping and $30 duties(which is pretty awesome)....the units are amazing and use both LEDs and COBs, personally a huge fan of the P6 they have. There's also Amazon/Ebay etc..

I'm looking to buy some lighting. Possibly some COBs or a quantum board setup. Could I get some suggestions for Canadian retailers? Shipping and duties are quite high ordering from the US, and the exchange rate just makes it worse.

I’ve searched and searched. There is no options in Canada that are affordable. I’ve already decided to purchase my cobs from kingbrite alibaba. 7 clu048, 7x heatsinks, 7x holder, 7x reflector kit for 246usd shipped. I know I’ll encounter duty.

Cobkits.com and rapidled.com we’re close seconds with timber grow lights being last but they all had higher prices plus I’ll still encounter duty I bet. I haven’t researched much for quantum boards aside from horticulture lighting group.

Going to order my drivers from mouser. Ships from Texas but they say free shipping no duty. Buy aluminum angle to build frame.

I figure I’ll be 600cad into this light setup when all is said and done. More than I wanted to pay but better than the blurple fixtures. I’d be hoping to end up 1.2-1.5gpw.

Look up the luminous I think it is for brand chips.they have a clue048 comparable chip for cheaper and are pretty good quality. If you were getting into it there is your way to reduce prices. If you build one and need a tester I would gladly try.
Alsoif you are interested I have an awesome idea to give better coverage and even without Hotspot and put light where you want and need it. I would trade the idea for a free test light.
Message me if interrested.. : )

Look up the luminous I think it is for brand chips.they have a clue048 comparable chip for cheaper and are pretty good quality. If you were getting into it there is your way to reduce prices. If you build one and need a tester I would gladly try.
Alsoif you are interested I have an awesome idea to give better coverage and even without Hotspot and put light where you want and need it. I would trade the idea for a free test light.
Message me if interrested.. : )

Thanks. I'm in the really infant stages so far but I'm seriously considering starting up a web shop. I'll keep all forums and such notified of any progress.

It's not luminous you're thinking of, it's citizen with the CLU chips. I'm in the process of putting one together for myself.

No I meant luminous makes a chip comparable to city clu048.
The luminus cxm22 gen3 says it is on part with Cree cob 3590 but a fair bit cheaper. I think you can even use the solder less holders.

I think on digikey.ca they are like 22 bucks for one but when you order say 25 they are 16 bucks. They make a 27 and 32 model as well but a bit higher priced.

I think on digikey.ca they are like 22 bucks for one but when you order say 25 they are 16 bucks. They make a 27 and 32 model as well but a bit higher priced.

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah that's not bad prices for in Canada, I'm paying $9usd per clu048 1212. From China lol 7 chips holders reflectors and heatsinks for 246usd shipped. Need 2 drivers from mouser for $130 shipped then some wire, aluminum angle and connectors.

I'm just hoping I don't get hit with too much at the border from China

The clu048 is what I was gonna use before as well. Don't worry about the border, if you are in canada I have gotten that stuff from China before with drivers and fans and everything and had no duty.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom