Light Costs?

Burn1Quick.42o

Me and a friend recently started growing and he brought up a troublesome question. When we run the lights and the bills go up and would the cops notice that shit? or would anyone get suspicious.
:bong: :bong:

Sincerly Yours Burn1Quick
:pimp:

Re: Light Costs??

how much can you expect the electric bills to go up using Fluorescents

BlackTurboTeg420 said:
Not much at all. i wouldnt say no more than 10

thats not bad at all! even if you were using some 4 footers?

let me put it this way HA, I have radient electric heat in my appt. I also decided to start growing the coldest month so far since I have lived here. Between the 2 my electric bill went up 20 bucks, and I beleive only about half is from lighting.

Ahh thanks for the info and for the record we got 3 four foot lights and some little floor ones and something like 14 plants i think in a while i might start a grow journal :)

When you're not growing, use every electrical appliance. Leave every light on.

That way you always have an abnormally high power bill... it's not about the amount of your bill, it's the consistancy at which it's at ;)

Besides: do you think the power company is going to be upset that you have to give them MORE money???

600w hps power bill for a month. i figure about 180 hrs flowering now 12 12 anyone know what it would cost that has one?

Not sure what you pay per Kilowatt hour where you live.. but here is how you would figure it out...

Your light 600w HPS probably runs about 620W including the ballast, which would be 0.62 KW

You take the amount of Kilowatt hours per month and multiply it by your rate...

Like this... KWH per month x RATE = Total monthly bill

So to figure out your KW hours, you use this formula.... KW x (hours light on per day) x average days in a month = KW hours per month..

So for your light on a 12/12 flowering schedule you would have...

0.62 x 12 x 30 = 223.2 KW hours...

So now you plug this number into the original formula and you will be able to calculate your monthly cost....

Using my rate for example...

223.2 KWhr x $0.28 = $62.49 per month..

Now I have very very high electric prices so most likely if you aren't in my area, you will see it costing you much less. Just look at your latest electric bill and it should say your price per kilowatt. If you have discounted hours (off peak) then I would suggest running your lights during this time to help save.

Not sure what you pay per Kilowatt hour where you live.. but here is how you would figure it out...

Your light 600w HPS probably runs about 620W including the ballast, which would be 0.62 KW

You take the amount of Kilowatt hours per month and multiply it by your rate...

Like this... KWH per month x RATE = Total monthly bill

So to figure out your KW hours, you use this formula.... KW x (hours light on per day) x average days in a month = KW hours per month..

So for your light on a 12/12 flowering schedule you would have...

0.62 x 12 x 30 = 223.2 KW hours...

So now you plug this number into the original formula and you will be able to calculate your monthly cost....

Using my rate for example...

223.2 KWhr x $0.28 = $62.49 per month..

Now I have very very high electric prices so most likely if you aren't in my area, you will see it costing you much less. Just look at your latest electric bill and it should say your price per kilowatt. If you have discounted hours (off peak) then I would suggest running your lights during this time to help save.
His math is spot on and so is his mention of the prices varying from place to place. His is really high. Where I live they charge a service fee of $22 per month then 6 cents per kwh. So here that would only raise my bill by $13.39. Huge difference in rates.

Back
Top Bottom