Quantum T5 Badboy

BendMMC

Quantum Horticulture Products | Take the Quantum Leap I recently purchased a Quantum T5 Badboy 12 lamp Light. I'm very impressed wih the results of this unit. My plants are at the moment, 5 weeks old, 10"-12" height, 14"-16" width. I'm getting explosive growth! I'm moving this light every other day anywhere from a 1/4"-1" on the chain. The light is about 4"-5" above the canopy of 20 plants. Whats nice about this light is you can run it on either 120/240v, operating temp is warm to the touch, placing light closer to plants, coverage is about 4'x4', and my power only increased by $15.00 running on an 16/8 schedule. So far so good and no problems to speak of. My colleague (brother) also has similar plants, same age under a 400hps, and so far not much diffrence, However mine are showing much more bushy characteristics, while his are showing more verticle growth by about 3". Anyway I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Quantum Horticulture on they're design and implementation of key features I truly like! I reccomend this light to others. I will try to keep my posts updated and photographed to show more detail stay tuned.

Congrats on getting the BB T-5 System. A lot of ppl have great success with T-5s! Are you still on a 16/8 schedule? :popcorn:

P.S. The 12 bulb T-5 runs at 768w(off the top of my head maybe 1 or 2 watt variance), so you actually have the advantage over your friend, other than the fact that he's using an HPS system.

Glad you're happy with 'em, the BB's have consistantly gotten great reviews ;):Rasta:

However mine are showing much more bushy characteristics.

I have not seen a better light for vegging plants. The words are "plant structure", all the strains I have grown love HO T5s. I have ordered a 8 lamp unit. Lamps are 54 watts. You can get these units in 8, 12, and 16 lamp size. :peace:

I didn't really see any difference when I used the Quantum T5 Badboy 12 lamp Light. actually, now that i think about it, vegging seemed a little slower...I just went back to my old setup.

don't think i'm going to try Quantum again any time soon....

Yeah I'm stoked on the results. I'm not going to rule out using my HPS for later, But if growth keeps up like this then I'll just stick with it. Quantum also makes the bulbs for this light. You may choose to use which ever T5 HO bulb you want. Quantum makes two types of bulbs, 6500K and 2900K. The 6500, obviously is for veg, the 2900K for flowering. Whats nice is they package and sell them in 8 bulb packs, or buy em each sepratley. Currently I posted some pics to member galleries, under keywords like Quantum,badboy,T5, garden, yada yada. All o these are about 6 weeks old now. On 16/8 at the moment.

Hydro, Im with ya, I couldnt believe it myself til I read some reviews and decided to order 1 light and go from ther. I decided even if I didnt get the results it promised, at least I could use it for seedlings or additional lighting needs. I also have a 1000w HPS set up that I still may use. But fuck bro I'm tellin ya! Its no joke. I'm still researching more into the V-HO lights which produce even more light. Solar Flare makes one that loks nice! The Quantum I'm using is an HO light. I did a lot of research before deciding to go with this set up and hope it pays off, but thanks for your comment.

My man, the info you could share would be great. I for one have been keeping a very close eye on this particular light, hoping for a thread just like this, to show if it would work out in my propigation chamber, where I've had some consistant heat issues.

Jez vapor I'm not sure. I do know this however, Sun Blaze makes a light called the solar flare which has even more light than what Im pushing! This light is known as a V-HO. I'm usig an HO light. But as with all this stuff the brighter and bigger you go you gotta have the flow.$$$$$$$ However we are going to go full cycle with this light and will post reviews as our findings are found. So far all is good with this particular light and I'm really impressed I also have a thowy HPS but right now its in the penalty box. I had to add a heater to the room to get proper atmosphere conditions. My suggestion is to wait and see how this light produces its yield unless you need to get a lght now, then go for it. I suggest internet shopping.:rollit:

Jez vapor I'm not sure. I do know this however, Sun Blaze makes a light called the solar flare which has even more light than what Im pushing! This light is known as a V-HO. I'm usig an HO light. But as with all this stuff the brighter and bigger you go you gotta have the flow.$$$$$$$ However we are going to go full cycle with this light and will post reviews as our findings are found. So far all is good with this particular light and I'm really impressed I also have a thowy HPS but right now its in the penalty box. I had to add a heater to the room to get proper atmosphere conditions. My suggestion is to wait and see how this light produces its yield unless you need to get a lght now, then go for it. I suggest internet shopping.:rollit:

Thanks Bend, i actually have the sun system T5 48 .Im a few weeks into my 1st veg and so far its stacking like crazy.Didnt know if there was a next generation T5 yet but that solar sounds like it should flower quite nicely. Cant seem to find many flower journals with the T5 but seems some are having decent results with the t5 HO's. Might have to take the plunge on that Solar though..

Trying this again,lol :grinjoint:
IMG_0139_1.JPG

Sweet yeah I guess were running similar systems. So far I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the ground in my little sanctuary. lol. I hav been posting to galleries my setup and literally a photo journal. Heres a few pics though. Hope yur having a good holiday season. Cheers!

IMG_0112_2_1.JPG

IMG_0116_1.JPG

IMG_0105_2_1.JPG

IMG_0096_1.JPG

IMG_0142_1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom