Earth Juice Schedule

this guy

I just picked up the full line of Earth Juice nutes to use with my next soil grow. I haven't seen a feeding schedule for these products, but have heard great things. If anyone is using, please share your schedule and thoughts. Thanks

Re: Earth Juice Schedule..

You do know that EJ works best after being bubbled for 24-48 hrs?

Get your buckets, air pumps and stuff ahead of time.

I use EJ and love it, good stuff.

DD

You do know that EJ works best after being bubbled for 24-48 hrs?

Get your buckets, air pumps and stuff ahead of time.

I use EJ and love it, good stuff.

DD

I've heard of people bubbling it, but how does one go about that? I've also heard that boiling it, then leaving it sit for 24 hours also works.

There's all kins of Deep Water Culture tutorials in the forums. Try Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY You may never need to ask another question about Deep Water Culture.

Thanks for the link Magnificent.

While I was out in the shed today I found a water pump for a fountain we aren't using anymore. So after mixing everything up I set the pump in there so that part of the intake was suckin air. Viola poor mans bubbler! :tokin:

Do have a question though. That scum that forms on top, skim it off or not?

Thanks for the link Magnificient.

While I was out in the shed today I found a water pump for a fountain we aren't using anymore. So after mixing everything up I set the pump in there so that part of the intake was suckin air. Viola poor mans bubbler! :tokin:

Do have a question though. That scum that forms on top, skim it off or not?

Hey All

There is a great writeup in my sig on the use of EJ and how it compares with the other lines out there. You want to leave that scum on there, thats some good stuff for you soil (that is if you're using soil?)

To bubble this stuff you just need an aquarium air pump, air line and an air stone, which can all be had for under $15. Mix your solution and let it bubble in a bucket for 24-48 hrs. When you first mix it the ph will be very low. The purpose of bubbling to to stimulate the microbes in the mix, whose byproduct will neutralize the mixture after a day or two. You can add molasses to the mix which will further feed the culture.

Hey All

There is a great writeup in my sig on the use of EJ and how it compares with the other lines out there. You want to leave that scum on there, thats some good stuff for you soil (that is if you're using soil?)

To bubble this stuff you just need an aquarium air pump, air line and an air stone, which can all be had for under $15. Mix your solution and let it bubble in a bucket for 24-48 hrs. When you first mix it the ph will be very low. The purpose of bubbling to to stimulate the microbes in the mix, whose byproduct will neutralize the mixture after a day or two. You can add molasses to the mix which will further feed the culture.

I'm glad you were on hand to answer that. Thanks.

Hey All

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking to find out!

Hey All

:goodjob:

That's all there is to it.:yummy:

The EJ Catalyst is what gets everything going. It is basically molasses plus some other goodies. It's cheap, but not as cheap as molasses. What I do is, use just a little bit of the catalyst and the rest molasses. Like if what I was mixing called for 4tbl of catalyst, I would use 1tbl of the catalyst and 3 tbl of molasses.

DD

Hey All

Finally got around to getting everything. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I picked up the round stones instead of the long rectangle ones.
11062.jpg

When you see the scum building up it is the micro's telling you they are hungry. Add some molasses or similar and the foam will disappear. Repeat as necessary..... Keep the little guys happy and they will treat your plants well....

When you see the scum building up it is the micro's telling you they are hungry. Add some molasses or similar and the foam will disappear. Repeat as necessary..... Keep the little guys happy and they will treat your plants well....

I thought that foam was suppose to be good for the soil. In anycase, I don't any foam forming. Maybe my pump and air stones aren't producing enough bubbles..

I thought that foam was suppose to be good for the soil. In anycase, I don't any foam forming. Maybe my pump and air stones aren't producing enough bubbles..

Sorta looks like that. 2 air stones off 1 line might be a bit too much.

Easy to check though. Next batch just run a single stone off a single line in 1 bucket. Same everything else.

DD

Does anyone use Earth Juice ph up? I've noticed that even when I bubble a light batch of ej nutes with water, the PH is still at around 4.3. So with ph 4.3 and 300ppm, I add earth juice ph up till it gets ph 6.5. But the ppm shoots up to 800. Does this happen to any one else?

Hey This guy, I use EJ and other then the damn bubbling for 24 hours I think its awesome. I have seen several comparisons done and EJ is always on top or close to it. I have used PH down and it works pretty well but never had the privilege to use PH up. The stuff I use comes in a powder.

Not that you asked but I saw a very noticeable difference when I added Maxicrops Liquid seaweed to the Veg cycle.
If your interested. Maxicrop USA : Grow healthy plants with strong root systems

Back
Top Bottom