Inda Gro

I'm thinking on getting one as well but I can't find reliable info/ journals. The LED info is hard enough to find, induction lighting is almost non existant. I would recommend not jumping the gun on any kind of alternative lighting at these prices until you have thoroughly convinced yourself they will live up to the claims.

They are fabulous. Half the power consumption, low heat, well built in the USA with 10 year warranty and they kick ASS. I've used them for 3 crops already and will never go back. No need for AC, HIGH Lumen output 400w is easily better than any HPS 1000w light.

I know that this is an old thread, but let's resurrect this thing. There are a lot of people like me who are HPS users to get nice flowers, but are looking at better grow methods to keep our electrical footprint down, as well as to manage our heats... without loss to yield, flowering time, and potency.

I am a grower here in Michigan. Dogman, I saw that you are a user of this product. Been looking at these inda-gro's but am having a hard time finding other users with their experience with them. You are a user of the inda-gro, right? How do you like them? Are they good for flower? Any compromise to your yield? Have you compared them with the LED's?

Please share your thoughts with me and with others on this forum. Thanks!

You know,
I did not get any feedback in time.
I went and bought "Ole Reliable" a 1000 watt HPS/MH
setup. I was hoping to find somebody who had info on
electrical requirements and how it actually worked.
Sorry I could not help you.
Tim

Inda-Gro PRO 420 PAR's

Hey Y'all. Well I decided to take the plunge. After reading up on this for months, I've clicked the PayPal "send" button to make a payment on a total of five Inda-Gro Pro 420 PAR's. Go big or go home (LOL). I sure hope that they are all that I hear that they are.

CURRENT SET UP:
VEG - A 4x4 veg tent with two T5's. Undercurrent R-DWC style with seven 3.5 gallon buckets.

BLOOM - For flower I use a 4x9 tent with two vented HPS's, and a 5 gallon undercurrent style R-DWC with a total of eight buckets, 4 plants under each 1000w HPS to achieve a perpetual harvest of 4 plants a month, every month.

FUTURE SET UP:
VEG - Remove the T5's from veg and put a single Induction Inda-Gro 420 in the 4x4 tent. Others have said that it can take the plant some time to adapt to induction, but once they do so they THRIVE. So why not get that adaption going early in the process (in veg instead of bloom?)

BLOOM - The remaining four PRO 420 PAR's will go into the 4x9 flower tent. There will be one induction light over every 2 plants. With each PRO 420 PAR being the purported equivalent of 750 HPS watts, that should make for 3000 total watts in the tent instead of 2000 total watts in the tent.

More to come soon...

Re: Inda-Gro PRO 420 PAR's

Hi Tek,

I'm a newbie so forgive me if this has been covered in other journals. How did your March run turn out? Any updates? Are you still running them.

Last week I saw 6 of these lights in a dispensary in So CAL which they had been running for around 8 months and the bud development on the Pineapple Kush that is the strain I was in there for was really resin-y and weighty. I'd take the plunge for a couple but I'd like to find out if anyone has seen them for sale through any hydro dealers? My local shop told me that he'd never even heard of the technology and thought it might be like a plasma. I know that's not the case

cheers

Hi Pinder:

Thanks for the note. Yes, I've had a few harvests under the Inda-Gro's now, using them as I described (5 of them under 8 plants in a 12/12 tent).

My observations:
- Temp's are much more controllable versus HPS. This is the hot part of my grow, and last year I was shut down. Not this year. I am prepared. And I can run the cola's much closer to the lights now without danger of burning. This produces some really nice buds.
- Bud density is better, tighter. At first I thought that I was not doing well because the cola's were "smaller" looking, but they have not changed in weight... they are more dense. My patients like this very much. So do I.
- Trichome formation seems to be better too. The plants are liking it, and it shows.
- Harvest weight and yield... no change that I've noticed yet. I do not see an increase in yield yet, although I sure want to. I was hoping to get a bigger crop, but that has not happened yet. I am working on other tactics for trying to get this, such as training the plants in veg so that I can get better scrog tendencies.
- Overall plant health... plants like it more. Less brown leaves as the harvest progresses. Less prone to diseases. Mites showed up once and I could see them much better, which gave me an earlier warning before they took over the place. This gave me an earlier crack at measures, thwarting their attack early. I got 'em too. (thank you FloraMite and ladybugs!).

In short if I could make the decision all over again, I'd do it again the same way. They are expensive, but I see them as worth it. I am not yet yielding more, but my quality of med's has increased substantially, and my ability to control the micro-environment has increased as well. I am now growing one-hit-quit meds versus what now (looking back) looks like it was a compromise to my best efforts.

I hope that I've answered your questions. It's all thumbs up from my viewpoint. I wish that I could say that I'm yielding 2 lbs a month right now versus the one pound a month that I was yielding with HPS, but I'm not. But the one pound a month that I'm pulling now is much higher quality. I'm still targeting the 2lb/month as a goal, but am working on other tactics and strategies to get the most out of my grow in order to accomplish this.

Peace!
TekFarmer

Hey Tek! Thanks for the input and having taken the 'plunge'. I would love to see your work under those 5 lights if you could point to them.

As to yield I would be happy if I'm within 80% of my 1000 watt MH/HPS yields but with less consumed watts, less heat and not having to change bulbs every couple grows. So getting close weight or even going over would be bliss but ending up with a higher quality denser bud would also be a welcome find.

be well

Hey tek, I am thinking about making the switch... D you think a single 420 would replace a 600 watt hps, footprint and all? Or would I need more than that. If you want to see my setup check out my journal and let me know. I have 4 50 watt edfl lamps and they are great support lighting for the LEDs, but they couldn't grow a plant themselves. This makes me wary to put all my money into an hps replacement, especially one with so little info.

Thanks

Hey Tek! Thanks for taking the time to give such a complete response. I ordered 2 of the 420's today so now it looks like I'll have my ladies under these lights within a week. I am always more concerned about quality over quantity so I really owe you a rep for sharing your experience with the wide spectrum solution that these inda-gro's seem to accomplish.

When you say tactics and strategies it got me to thinking about how successive generation yields may also be influenced by spectrum recognition from lets say the mothers and clones that came from these same phosphor blends. Do you think the plant RNA might adapt to these spectrums and after successive grows want to pack on even more weight?

Hi Pinder:

Thanks for the note. Yes, I've had a few harvests under the Inda-Gro's now, using them as I described (5 of them under 8 plants in a 12/12 tent).

My observations:
- Temp's are much more controllable versus HPS. This is the hot part of my grow, and last year I was shut down. Not this year. I am prepared. And I can run the cola's much closer to the lights now without danger of burning. This produces some really nice buds.
- Bud density is better, tighter. At first I thought that I was not doing well because the cola's were "smaller" looking, but they have not changed in weight... they are more dense. My patients like this very much. So do I.
- Trichome formation seems to be better too. The plants are liking it, and it shows.
- Harvest weight and yield... no change that I've noticed yet. I do not see an increase in yield yet, although I sure want to. I was hoping to get a bigger crop, but that has not happened yet. I am working on other tactics for trying to get this, such as training the plants in veg so that I can get better scrog tendencies.
- Overall plant health... plants like it more. Less brown leaves as the harvest progresses. Less prone to diseases. Mites showed up once and I could see them much better, which gave me an earlier warning before they took over the place. This gave me an earlier crack at measures, thwarting their attack early. I got 'em too. (thank you FloraMite and ladybugs!).

In short if I could make the decision all over again, I'd do it again the same way. They are expensive, but I see them as worth it. I am not yet yielding more, but my quality of med's has increased substantially, and my ability to control the micro-environment has increased as well. I am now growing one-hit-quit meds versus what now (looking back) looks like it was a compromise to my best efforts.

I hope that I've answered your questions. It's all thumbs up from my viewpoint. I wish that I could say that I'm yielding 2 lbs a month right now versus the one pound a month that I was yielding with HPS, but I'm not. But the one pound a month that I'm pulling now is much higher quality. I'm still targeting the 2lb/month as a goal, but am working on other tactics and strategies to get the most out of my grow in order to accomplish this.

Peace!
TekFarmer

Excelent reply....I am running a single Inda-grow 420 with a scrog in place. It's a small tent so a scrog is needed to optimize my harvest and I think the homemade co2 will give me an additional boost......time will tell!

[video=youtube;MO8oVIQjEDs]
[/video]

I'm running a T-5...vs......Indagro 420

I have begun a run of 8 plants ...Half under T-5's and the other half under my Indagro 420.

I picked this time frame as I can regulate the temps to my liking. When I have tried later in the season the ambient temps are such that I had a hard time to deal with the temps without putting an air conditioner to work.....I am also using 5 gallon Air-pots for the first time.

Bud Green Care

:morenutes:.........I'm running a T-5...vs......Indagro 420

I have begun a run of 8 plants ...Half under T-5's and the other half under my Indagro 420.

I picked this time frame as I can regulate the temps to my liking. When I have tried later in the season the ambient temps are such that I had a hard time to deal with the temps without putting an air conditioner to work.....I am also using 5 gallon Air-pots for the first time.

Bud Green Care

Back
Top Bottom