Mr. Grow Pro Box Review With Some Pics

RoadLizard

Ok folks, Ive had my Mr Grow Pro for a few weeks now and I can give you a review of how its working so far. Its a 26.5" tall "server" tower thats a little taller than most PC cases and every inch counts with a PC case grow! It comes with everything you need including 2 sets of four 23w CFL bulbs(4-5000K temp and 4-2700K temp), timer, sterlite tray, couple charcoal slip-over filters, power strip, 3 PC fans, and a scrog screen. Also came with a set of keys to lock the unit so thats cool. Pretty much ready to go!

The unit arrived via Fed Ex in what looked like a computer tower box. No markings on it so thats cool. My order only took a week to fill but he did say he was caught up and usually turn around is closer to 2 weeks or so. I opened it up and unboxed everything. So far, so good - everything that was suppposed to be there was there and in good condition. I got the unit setup right away to make sure everything works and it did. I then sprouted some seeds and ocne they popped I placed them in solo cups and then into the plastic tray that was provided with the grow box. See the pics below.

Couple things to note:

1) This thing is pretty quiet. Fan noise is minimum and non-intrusive. Excellent.
2) The escaping light is mostly from the rear exhaust fan area and its not much. In a pitch dark room you can see other little "slits" of light but I dont think it looks out of the ordinary or anything so light leakage control is good but not perfect.

3) Temps inside stay very much in range. There are two intake fans and one exhuast fan and I bet this helps. Im very happy with the performance of the fans as far as moving air around without making a windstorm. When the plants get bigger we'll see more but for now the fans and internal temp with a 24/0 light cycle are in a good range for growing.

4) Its pretty bright in there! When you slide the side door off, its like looking at a streetlight from 2 feet away! The interior is lined with some reflective material that appears to do its job well. I dont think its mylar - check the website for more info. It works.

5) The fan power adapter & power strip are held in place by pretty strong magnets. Its great that they are strong but it does make moving the light fixture/fan power supply around a task. You get used to it but the first few attempts at moving it will be jerky and touchy. Still, its good that these items can be moved around as needed. I like that.

6) The fan power plugs right into the power strip inside the box so there is no way to have just the fans on when the lights are off - if the timer shuts off the lights then the fans go off too. You would have to cut another small hole where the power strip cord comes out for the fan power cord if you want them seperate from the light timer when you go to 18/6 or 12/12. I feel this an oversight. It would have been nice to have a seperate way to run the fans without the lights while using the timer. Its a mod you could do yourself and I just might.

7) I cant comment on smell yet since my little babies are only a few weeks old. I suspect with some ona gel and I'll be fine. Have to wait on that.

8) Ive been using it for a few weeks now and its been great. Works as expected and my seedlings are cranking right now in there. The CFLs dont make much heat but they pump out the lumens. Great little setup.

I'll report back as the grow continues but so far, if you are like me and do NOT want to screw around building your own PC case, this is an excellent choice from what I can tell. It looks just like a server tower or PC tower. Very stealthy. No way anyone would know what it was.

Hope this review was worth reading.... :) Pics below!!!!
PC_Case_3.jpg
PC_Case_1.jpg
PC_Case_2.jpg

Any luck? Would love to have an update, I just built my "stealth" box and it turns out not to be so stealthy. Curious if you were successful and f so what was the yield?

Back
Top Bottom