Botanicare

LD25Delta9

Hello all, a little background: I have used GH, B'Cuzz, GO, Fox Farm, Humboldt's Own, Bio-this, Super-that, guanos, teas and raw compost in soil, hydroton, marbles, coco and perilite. I have grown just about every method there is and ultimately, if I had the space or time, I would grow exclusively raised-deep-bed, LST, outdoor organic compost if I could. This is my personal experience with this specific nutrient line in my aeroponic system. Please, let's not argue nutrient line or growing style preferences here. :Namaste:

I did some scrubbing and couldn't find any reviews of the Botanicare lines here, so I figured I'd seize the opportunity and make my first worthwhile contribution! Some while back, I found their line after doing research on some of the greedy practices of nutrient lines. Now, Botanicare not exempt from the little green devil of greed, I understand that I could go and buy the raw minerals to make my own nutrients for cheap, but for those too busy or lazy, Botanicare has a line geared toward that: CNS17

This line started out as a commercial tomato fertilizer that ended up getting a good response in the public market as well. One marketing idea led to another, Badda-bing, Badd-boom: Commercial Nutrient System 17! After using it for a year, the pro's are that it's cheap, consistent and pH stable. The cons are that it's kinda thick to make finite measurements with, the Veg base stays kinda chunky after mixing, but after a cycle or two through the pump, it's fine. There is also a good amount of salt build-up when using this line. When mixing with RO water that starts out at 10ppm and a pH of 9.0, the end result is dead money on with their charts as far as ppms and a stable pH of 6.2.

After liking the results but not liking the messy cleanup associated with CNS17, I decided to switch to their newer line of nutes: KIND

I've been using it for about a month and have fallen in love. The pros are that the KIND line is more like a tonic or tea consistency and mixes VERY well. It is just as pH stable and again, Botanicare is dead on with their charts' ppm readings when followed correctly. Also, from what I have noticed, there is minimal salt build-up in comparison to the CNS17 line. The only con is that it is about 20% more expensive. I went from paying roughly $25 for a gallon of any 3 CNS17 nutes, for a total cost of $75. I pay about $35 for a gallon of 2 of the KIND base nutes and about $20 for the 3rd, for a toal of $90. Keep in mind a gallon of each will last the average grower the whole year and can be used exclusively.

However, I've always followed their advanced hydro feed schedule and enjoy using the suggested supplements. Depending on the schedule you start with, the nutrients are all calculated to overlap with the base nutes. i.e. if you decide to opt out of using a specific supplement, more of a base can be used to fill in the NPK void. They have basically provided anything and everything you could need for just about any growing style/medium.

Vitamino is a good B1 supplement that is kinda pricey, but works well and is a yellowish-clear color, unlike most other dark and grainy B1 additives.
Pure Blend Tea is a compost tea solution that won't clog up your sprayers or pump. It has added growth hormones and flavor enhancers and is dark in color but mixes clean.
Hydroplex is a bloom booster with a few extra goodies in it. I've found that it is really hard to over do it with this and a qt lasts FOREVER. Also, this additive is clear.
Silica Blast is a slicia additive that helps with the plant cell-wall strength. This is essential for large, weight -bearing stalks and is also clear.
Sweet is all of the sugars and carbohydrates your plant needs with extra amino acids which all translate into frost and flavor. This stuff is clear, but kinda browish colored.
Clearex is your basic flush additive. No flashy water electrolyte voodoo, clears salts, flushes nutrients and is cheap. Also, clear.

I want to follow-up these supplement blips by saying that none of them really smell foul. There is an apparent earthy or mineral-y smell, but nothing that is unbearable by any means. I know with some other nutrient lines and additives the smell can be horrible. My wife has a very acute olfactory system (she can smell a fly dropping a deuce a mile away) and it doesn't bother her in the slightest.

If there's anything I've missed or any curiosities left unsatisfied, please, feel free to comment.:peace:

Love the post buddy as I have been looking everywhere for the same thing. Recently purchased pure blend grow/bloom, as well as cal-mag and liquid karma. All botanicare products have been using reccomended dosages according to botanicares nute table. So far they look great gonna up the nutes a bit as my girls seem to be taking fine to the reccomended dose. It's always Good to know as well that they are all organic formulas. Will post results as I move forward.

I really like the Botanicare Trio with extra cal-mag in the base. Some say that their nutrient table is spot on. I have found out that I have to use their nutrients half strength. If I go by the charts I am over 1000 ppm. I keep my ppm's around 650 in beginning flower and maybe up them to 750 depending on the plants and how much they eat. Has anyone else experienced this. All comments welcomed

Back
Top Bottom