Experiences with Pro-Mix

ZenWarrior

I found PRO-MIX HP at Home Depot and decided to give it a try. I found that it's good for water sensitive plants because it has a "high porosity" like it's name says. Anyone else have experience using PRO-MIX?

That's honestly probably the best soil-type product (soilless) you can purchase from Home Depot. Works great and I've sold pallets and pallets of it. It's very plain, so you need to use nutrients right away but its good regardless. It's a great starting point if you want to make your own soil mixture.

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://www.pthorticulture.com pro-mix hp growing medium

Thanks for the advice! I actually haven't had to add any additional perlite or peat moss, the PRO-MIX HP already has a good enough amount for me.

Yes HP is BX with more vermiculite added. I buy the BX and cut it 60-40 witch would give you the HP cut 20 percent roughly. Both have the myco already in it. You will need calmag to supplement and watch your ph as this stuff wants to buffer to 8 when I feed at 5. Of course this nute related as well. Give it a go. If King is using it you know its the real deal!

Happy Grows to you!

Anyone tried Baccto's Elite HP 3565? Overheard some people at the Maximum Yield show saying it was good.
I have used Pro-Mix forever and have to admit I was impressed with the sample I received.

i have a question could i mix promix and fox farm ocean forrest or happy frog is this possible or would it work i would throw some worm castings a lil perlite and some other stuff or just mix the two and thats it anyone know how or if that would work

There's probably better soils for different strains, but I use ProMix with Machrazie for everything. It's a perfect fit for me because I have a well and the Ph is 7, so on feed days it brings that number down to perfect! It's a good versatile soil, and it's very consistent.

i have a question could i mix promix and fox farm ocean forrest or happy frog is this possible or would it work i would throw some worm castings a lil perlite and some other stuff or just mix the two and thats it anyone know how or if that would work

I'd forget the FF products. Add good quality, mature compost instead. And add more perlite with the compost. I use Pro-Mix BX(2 parts) Hampton's Finest compost(1 part) and add like 40% perlite to it, along with dolomite lime, azomite, diatomite, and Espoma Bio-Tone.

Using PROMIX hp myself. Currently on my 3rd crop. Averaged 2.8oz per plant in my first crop in 3gallon pots. 3.33oz on my second and my 3rd looks to be even better. Using synthetic nutes from a local company and cal mag. PH to ~5.8.

Its worth getting a fresh bag each year of this stuff to use in whatever custom mix you will end up making. On it's own the one with myco in it are fine but yea, you have to feed but it's also ready right away. I find more perlite needs to be added to their mix, especially if you amend the soil with something like manure fertilizers and bone/blood meal.

Back
Top Bottom