2015 Mars-Hydro tent review

Colesdad

first, just like Dennise, I am a real person. The only affiliation I have with mars-hydro is being a normal, paying consumer. However, this tent was gifted to me so that I can review and give honest feedback. I am NOT an experienced grower. Fact is, I have tried and failed twice.

I had no expectation, I had never owned a tent, and truthfully, I had never considered growing marijuana until 6 months ago. My original plan was to grow autoflowers so that I could avoid the need to have a dark period. Well, I decided that a tent would be great for two reason, first, I could grow photoperiod plants if I wanted, and secondly, I could keep light from leaking OUT of the bedroom closet.

I ordered the tent that was just over 2ft wide, 2ft deep and 5ft tall. This one

Stealth shipping isn't a concern for me, however, if you are worried about prying eyes I would contact Mars-Hydro and ask for something other than this. Box clearly shows it is a Mars-Hydro product.
CAM00780.jpg

What's in the box?
CAM007821.jpg

The tent pictured is not designed like the one I received. Not a big deal to me (remember, it was free), but certainly something to be concerned about. I do NOT believe this is to be deceitful , Mars-Hydro has been asking for input from growers for all the products they produce and are constantly evolving. I think the website will soon show the correct pictures.
Assembly was easy, took maybe 20ish minutes. The next time I put it together I am sure I can do it in less time. It is a great looking thing, if I were shopping for an attractive looking tent this would be it. It is all black with teal blue seams at every exterior stitching. I'm not sure WHY you would want a pretty grow tent, but the teal blue trim does make is look less "blah".
2015-01-08_23_09_12.jpg

The door opening is large and has two zipper heads, which are very large. This should please both the "zip up-ers" and "zip down-ers" fan clubs.
CAM007953.jpg

On the left side of the tent is a Velcro tab that holds the door open.
CAM00784.jpg

Vents and ports...
The website shows a window on either side, there are not. The website shows two holes in the top, there is only one. The website shows there are port holes at the bottom, there are not. Each port hole has two sleeves, one pulls outward, the other in. Each side has an medium sized port near the top. On the top, there is a larger port. The rear has two small ports, one is 3/4 up from the bottom and other is 1/4 up from the bottom. All three sides have the screens with removable covers.
left side
2015-01-09_08_24_26.jpg

right side
2015-01-09_08_24_41.jpg

rear
2015-01-09_08_24_36.jpg

measurement of ports
large
CAM00792.jpg

medium
CAM007942.jpg

small
CAM007932.jpg

A few other things to note. The general description of their tents read that the corners of the frame are plastic, actually, they are metal. The website says the spill tray has Velcro straps, they are not, they have to be tied at each corner. I have notified Mars Hydro of the differences between the description of the tent, and what actually arrived at my home. The exterior measurements, 63 1/4 inches tall and 28 inches deep and 28 inches wide. With port sleeves pulled out, I would add 6 inches of depth, 12 inches in width and 6 inches in height.

construction of the tent, A+, I have complete confidence in the strength and durability..
light proof, A+, completely dark.
zippers, A+, very large heads
AS OF 1-9-20015, I would have to give a failing grade for the description of the tent on the website and what the tent really is.

If you have any specific questions or want anymore pictures, please ask here and I will do the best I can to answer them!
:peace:

very detailed review Colesdad, thank you. :):thanks:
As is described above, there are many false information on our website. I will definitely ask my colleague to improve the website. It will be updated soon. Trust me. :high-five:
Anyway, I am glad you like our tent, hope you can grow with it very happy.:circle-of-love:

Hey Sara, I am thinking of buying a light and a tent, but can they be shipped in boxes that don't say Mars Hydro on them? I need more discreet packaging where I live. I really don't want boxes saying anything about Hydro on them delivered to my house.

And, do you have any estimate of when the new Sun Series lights are going to come out?

Hello OldSchoolBud, usually we do not print our logo "mars hydro" on the package, only "LED lighting" and UPS tracking numbers information on it. So please do not worry about this. :circle-of-love: Your light will be delivered safe.
For the sun series, they might be ready at the end of Feb, or the early of March. Not sure yet, but I guess March will be more reliable due to our Chinese new year holiday.:high-five:
Any other questions, you can post in my thread or you can send an email to me, I will get back to you very soon. :thanks:
Hey Sara, I am thinking of buying a light and a tent, but can they be shipped in boxes that don't say Mars Hydro on them? I need more discreet packaging where I live. I really don't want boxes saying anything about Hydro on them delivered to my house.

And, do you have any estimate of when the new Sun Series lights are going to come out?

Hello OldSchoolBud, usually we do not print our logo "mars hydro" on the package, only "LED lighting" and UPS tracking numbers information on it. So please do not worry about this. :circle-of-love: Your light will be delivered safe.
For the sun series, they might be ready at the end of Feb, or the early of March. Not sure yet, but I guess March will be more reliable due to our Chinese new year holiday.:high-five:
Any other questions, you can post in my thread or you can send an email to me, I will get back to you very soon. :thanks:

Hey Dennise. The bars that goes across the top, that would hold lights and stuff, are made of metal. I have the small version, there are three (I don't about the bigger ones). Two across, and one front to back.
CAM00815.jpg

can you fit 4 5 gallon pots in there? i ordered the same tent and cant wait to get it in just need to figure out how to hook up carbon filter and the intake for this tent

Super it has not been addressed.... the 2 tents that were delivered here earlier this week very clearly states what it is on the outside of the box and the logo is very visible and very obvious... I don't think I was imagining the look I got from my delivery guy when he delivered 2 of them the other day... I did send a message to Sara about it again as that is totally unacceptable IMO....:circle-of-love:
DSC0028614.JPG

Nope... not on this end she hasn't... I think the response she made earlier in the journal was about the LED lights not the tents... and to be honest... I just had 2 lights delivered and they very clearly say what they are... I gold plate guarantee you my UPS delivery guy knows exactly what I'm doing and that is just not a good thing... I love the tents and I love my Mars Hydro lights but this really is a problem that should be addressed....:circle-of-love:

I wonder why that changed the boxes. Originally, the boxes were not labeled. I really hope they go back to their practice of NOT putting any thing other than the address label on the box. Oh yeah, I am a real person... :winkyface:

I have no idea what they were thinking other than maybe they thought they would only be shipping to legal states... I honestly think they just weren't thinking... it actually freaked me out enough I considered stopping my grow but the last time the UPS guy was here... it was a delivery from Amazon and nothing I was worried about.... But I didn't know what he was delivering and I made a crack about it to him... his reply made me feel much better... he told me he has been known to have a few to many or burn a little more than he should and orders things and forgets he has ordered them.... So after he said that I was pretty sure he really did know what I was doing but doesn't care and hopefully I read him correctly..... They really do need to address this issue though.... Sara has been told but it couldn't hurt to tell her again....:circle-of-love:

Hello Colesdad and Dennise, thank you for reminding me to come here for the label question. :circle-of-love:
The thing is we produced wrong package boxes for our tents in the last batch, they did not tell me in advance and ship them to our warehouse. When I realized this, it was already too late. Therefore, for the tents still in our warehouse, we have to ship them with the boxes with our label on it. But we promise you there will be no labels on boxes again in future (from next batch), only plain one. Really sorry about this, hope you can understand and forgive me.

Back
Top Bottom