Clone King 25 - Anyone use it?

I have two of the Clone King 36's. They are currently listed on Amazon for $69.96 plus $15.99 shipping and handling. Strain dependent, I typically get 100% success rate or very close to it.

Last summer, with the extreme heat wave here, I added an air stone. Prior to I was having issues with the water being too warm. This really accelerated root formation. It comes with an extra set of spray nozels but it never hurts to purchase more along with additional neoprene pucks.

After each cycle I take it completely apart and run it through the dish washer. Make sure you don't use the sanitize cycle. I melted the first ones top in a commercial washer, the reason for buying the second. I open up the pucks and use a stiff brush to remove any residual roots. Sometimes the roots cling to the neoprene. The directions say all you need is water, but I always dip cutting in Clonex gel.

The main thing is to change the water no longer than after the first week. If you're transplanting into soil you may only need a week in the machine. I grow hydro so I typically leave the clones in to get maximum root formation. Heavy Sativa leaning plants don't seem to clone very well but I've read that this isn't uncommon with all cloning methods. Overall I think this is a great product, at least as far as the 36 site machine goes. Hope this helps.

tits_032.jpg
tits_017.jpg
today_520.jpg

I have two of the Clone King 36's. They are currently listed on Amazon for $69.96 plus $15.99 shipping and handling. Strain dependent, I typically get 100% success rate or very close to it.

Last summer, with the extreme heat wave here, I added an air stone. Prior to I was having issues with the water being too warm. This really accelerated root formation. It comes with an extra set of spray nozels but it never hurts to purchase more along with additional neoprene pucks.

After each cycle I take it completely apart and run it through the dish washer. Make sure you don't use the sanitize cycle. I melted the first ones top in a commercial washer, the reason for buying the second. I open up the pucks and use a stiff brush to remove any residual roots. Sometimes the roots cling to the neoprene. The directions say all you need is water, but I always dip cutting in Clonex gel.

The main thing is to change the water no longer than after the first week. If you're transplanting into soil you may only need a week in the machine. I grow hydro so I typically leave the clones in to get maximum root formation. Heavy Sativa leaning plants don't seem to clone very well but I've read that this isn't uncommon with all cloning methods. Overall I think this is a great product, at least as far as the 36 site machine goes. Hope this helps.

tits_032.jpg
tits_017.jpg
today_520.jpg

it's so compact. but i think that no space for roots when then become bigger.

You would need to move them to a bigger hydro unit from the cloner. The cloner is not designed to run the plants full term. Just to get them started. I am a dirt farmer myself so I take the clones and transplant them into 2 gallon pots to start. :peace:

thanx for info. may be try it too

I use Mars-Hydro LED lights. I have 2 Mars II 400s and 1 900. I will put a 400 over the cloner. If I don't have an LED available, I will use CFLs. I prefer to use the LED because there is no transition to the more powerful light. It starts with it.

As for getting them out, don't let the roots get too over grown. Check them every day. If they do get "thick" I find gently "combing" the roots with my fingers as I am taking them out of the cup usually will help get them through. :peace:

I presently use an EZ cloner and to be honest, had I known before I bought it just how little is in these machines I would have built a DIY right out of the gate for 1/2 the cost. I am planning on building my brother one for christmas. There must be a 100 DIY cloner machines on youtube alone.

How do you move them with no hurt roots? for me it's difficult

The neoprene pucks that hold the plants have a slit in them. You just pull the puck from the top of the machine and open it up to remove the rooted clone.

I just use CFL's in my veg tent. The normal 23 watt ones that are made to replace 100 watt incandescent lights.

I have the clone king 25 i found it worked but any where from 3 - 6 days longer than peat pellets . but if your using hydroponics id use foam plugs they work the best for me

Back
Top Bottom