Crop King Seeds experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitz

I placed an order on the 1st (late evening) and recieved my order on the 8th of Aug. Very uneventful (which is exactly as I like to do all my business). Good discreet packaging. They did throw in a 2 free seeds per strain I ordered. This isn't advertised and I don't know if it is their standard practice. Pricing is a little on the high side but the strains look awesome and I was willing to pay a bit more having them shipped from Canada. just my 2c

I cant say enuf how good crop king seeds are.Customer service is outstanding quality is terrific.I made an order got express shipping and got it in australia 5 working days later,i would recommend express postage to everyone for an extra couple of dollars it gives u piece of mind.Tracking is awesome i was watching tracking and it even tells u wen its in ur mailbox out front.Also their packaging in incredible wen package arrived it had Canada border patrol tape across the top of package.I saw this and got very nervous thinking my seeds got snavelled up by customs.I opened my package and to my surpise my seeds were in there.Good shit CKS keep up the good work

To be honest Crop King Seeds has some of the best services and hospitality around. Yes, very quick and discreet with their shipping. They also give more then what you purchase (freebies!!!) . Which everyone loves free beans!!. :thumb: As for the beans, I have had great success with their germination process and almost get 100% everytime.

BUT, the negatives about crop king seeds is. (not going to be shy here) Their genetics are not stabilized, 1. They give off allot of deformed pheno's, let alone pheno's in general, 2.. Waaay more nute sensitive then other genetics from other "reputable" seed banks, which show's again a poor stabilization in the pheno selection during stabilization , 3. I'm willing to bet they are not F1 or even F2 beans. Just giving the whole business a kind of cleshay, 4. When one go's around charging the amount of money that Crop King Seeds charges, wouldn't one presume that they have some pretty stable genetics, that don't deform, hermie, or even have a thousand pheno's for one strain? for almost 10$ a seed...

I don't know.

Just seems like another business that has learned great customer service, but in-turn is only in it for the money & to get the buck out of our wallets so it seems like a "fake smile" to me. Rather then providing a true honest service with some stable genetics for the amount of money they are charging us. (If they were a few $'s I wouldn't be saying this...)

It's sad cause I love Crop King Seeds. Their advertisements, commercials, their employees, the whole CK's franchise in general I like & respect. I know CK distributors all over the Oakangan & Canada that carry CK genetics, and I now get tossed CK beans quite frequently since I started a journal on here. (Please excuse my terrible journal writing skillz, they will get better as I grow with 420mag) But when it comes to genetics. They are defiantly at the bottom of the list. I wish I had a week with the head breeder/grower of CK's to teach him how to properly stabilize certain genetic traits and expunge other negatives while keeping the vigor and beautiful structured integrity of the plant pass its genes onto the next generation.

From my own experimental grows, & the word on the street is, CK's genetics are deform & unstable. (The whole not being able to germie thing is only related to the novice germinating. Not because of CK's genetics, because I seem to have great success germie rate with CK beans. Usually new growers tend to not germinate right. Either they have it in cooler areas or to dry of areas or even to hot of areas. Whatever it is, novice growers always fail at germinating at one point or another so this is not CK's fault)

I have bought from CK's before, the very first seeds I ever got from CK's was purchased, like most of my beans here on the farm, but I also get their genetics around here from either a employee trying to show off their new beans to me or whatever, to some neighboring farmers. I know everything I have is probably a genetically deformed or might be a stunted plant. I sure would like to try some "behind the counter CK seeds" to see what true genetics they are really hiding. Cause I know they can do better then this! I'll toss them in some 400 gallon heated soil containers out back. Give them a a full proper life to see what they can do... After all CK's we are neighbors heheh ;) :love:

Sending positive energy & :peace: to everyone, especially you Crop King's!​

purchased 5 autofem jack herer from a local store and they were pretty much the same price as online ($4 more) so they must have great deal for the distributors. thanks crop king. It saved me from impatiently waiting for the mail. I haven't had any issues with mine, from germinating to general genetic stability they have been great. slight variances in phenos but thats nothing i wouldnt expect, the more sativa phenos are more frosty. the indica dom pheno is packing the weight as well as very crystallized. THX CKS
20160220_190800_2_.jpg

My experience with Crop King as a first time buyer was excellent. Being new to this I was not sure what to expect but the whole transaction was seamless. The seeds arrived in a timely fashion, were well packaged, and the two that I germinated according to their instructions seem to be growing well. I would have no problem dealing with them again.

I'll have to check out Crop King for my next seed order. I have placed about 6 or 7 orders through BonzaSeeds and have not had an issue.

Crop King Seeds CBD Auto Cheese is crap. I am nearly 4 weeks into veg and I have 3 different pheno's, 4 healthy but very small plants (compared to my other plants which are now 3X the size and only 8 days older!). 1 of the CBD's likely isn't gonna make it, she's a runt and hasn't grown a lick for a week now. Another one is very undersized compared to the healthier looking 4, but they are all very undersized compared to my bag seed plants period. I opened up a chat with Lisa at CKS and wanted to see if they are having the same issues as me (and several other people like me I've read recently). And here is how it went: needless to say, CKS is losing my business after just 1 order. Bad genetics, and now poor customer service.

Hello Mike. How may I help you?

Mike Hi Lisa. I have a couple questions about my CBD Auto Cheese

Lisa yes

Mike I stated them, all 6 germ perfectly. They are only 9 days behind my other mid bag seed plants, and are 3 times smaller than those.

And I see at least 3 different pheno types with these CBD seeds

Lisa what are the other strains you are growing?

Mike very weird. kinda disappointing, did I get the right seeds? if so, is there a problem with the genetics not being stable?

Lisa no it is natural with seeds - some look like mom and some like dad

clones are all identical but seeds vary

Mike the others I'm growing are bag seed, very high end though, unsure of strain, wide leaf, not a pure Indica, I'd guess an Indica variant strain, growing awesomely

these 3 phenos are wildly different looking plants. 4 of the 6 are nice and healthy, tight nodes, 1 is a runt and struggling badly, the other is kinda okay. Soil, PH is perfect, nothing changed from the bag seed and these CBD, 1200 total watt HID, no over or under watering. I've done this before, lol.

Lisa CBD strains are new

takes years to make the Pheno stable

Mike I flipped to 12/12 this morning, my bag seed plants are all 14"+ in just 5 weeks...and I only have the one grow space so the auto's are in there now under 12/12, I'll be lucky to recoup my seed cost I think.

I sure hope they stretch some, I don't expect the runt to make it. I've read on the 420 forum that these seeds have done this to other people. Just wanted to let you all know. I don't think I'll be ordering this particular seed again.

hello?

Lisa We will keep a note of this and have the strain tested

We have been testing it regularly without issue

Mike well that's good, but why sell something that does this? I'm a first time customer, I loved the whole experience except from the actual plants themselves so far.

Lisa We ship hundreds of this strain each week and the vast majority of customers are not having issues

Mike well I've spoken to and read comments from multiple people who've had the exact same issue as me with runts and multiple phenos

I just wanted you all to know my experience. I love the customer service, but I'm starting to think I wasted my money on this particular strain of seed. I won't be ordering it again. Hopefully my 2nd order will be a better seed stock? I'm looking at WW.

Lisa Yes the white widow is one of our most popular strains

read reviews here

Crop King Seeds
Crop King Seeds
Crop King Seeds - World Class Cannabis Strains

Mike I need a stable strain for my arthritis, that's why I went with the CBD auto cheese. And that's why I'm now looking at WW instead. I've read nice things about it yes.

Lisa You should really have autos on 18/6

Mike well hopefully I got some kind of bud from these little CBD plants...I hope being autos they do okay under the 12/12, I know it isn't ideal, but at this point I decided not to put my other bag seed plants outside like planned and I just want this grow to flower and get what I get (I can't stress enough just how disappointed I am with these CBD seeds)

Lisa 12/12 is what you use to shock non autos into flowering

its the minimum amount of light auto flowers can survive on and will diminish their yield

Mike I have no choice at this point, I can't veg at 18/6. At this point, as poor as they are growing, I'm not going to see yield from them anyways. They really are pathetic looking compared to my other plants.

Lisa That is because they are on the wrong light cycle

Mike been on 18/6 for 4 weeks now

flipped to 12/12 today

and my bag seed plants are 3X their size!

I'm beginning to think you're just trying to blow me off like I don't know what I'm doing.

if you don't believe me I'll send ya photos, my lights are back on at 9 pm. I can send ya pics tomorrow morning if you wish, the photos will back up everything I've said to you.

Lisa we only guarantee germination. We do not guarantee anything pass this point.

We are the only seed company that guarantee 80% germination

Mike I'm not asking you for anything like a guarantee, I'm just trying to tell you the CBD genetics are not ready for sale yet.

Lisa If you have an issue with our seeds go to a different company

Mike and you shouldn't be selling them at a premium price if they turn out this way, its pretty bad. maybe I'll just find another seed bank instead at this point.

Lisa yes please do

Mike I"ll let everyone on the 420 forum read what you said Read

Lisa

Just out of curiosity, how do you stabilize Auto genetics? I'm pretty sure either the mother or father (or female father) has a finite genetic line. Just curious...

Are you sure you didn't stunt the taproot? What size pots? How many nodes are they vs your bag seed? Are you sure your bag seed isn't male? Have you posted any pictures?

I'm not doubting your frustration. Im not even doubting this strain is crap. I'm more interested in your situation. Good luck and I hope they produce something for you!

Just out of curiosity, how do you stabilize Auto genetics? I'm pretty sure either the mother or father (or female father) has a finite genetic line. Just curious...

Are you sure you didn't stunt the taproot? What size pots? How many nodes are they vs your bag seed? Are you sure your bag seed isn't male? Have you posted any pictures?

I'm not doubting your frustration. Im not even doubting this strain is crap. I'm more interested in your situation. Good luck and I hope they produce something for you!
Taproot on all were very healthy, planted the day they popped right straight into what would be the final container, which is 3 gallon. Still 1/2 the nodes of my bag seed plants. Its now been 9 days since flip, plants are beginning to show their sex, I have 3 males and 5 females from the bag seed. Of course all these autos should be female, but as of yet not showing me any signs of it. My males are 2 1/2' tall. My bag seed females are a little under 2' tall. The auto CBD range from 7" tall down to 4". The runt still is a runt, new growth up top, very slow grower, all these autos really don't impress me one bit, they were a waste of my space, time and money, if there space would have been filled with bag seed plants I woulda had lots more node space and potential for bud I'm sure. No, I haven't posted an pics, I don't really know how to, but if someone would like to walk me thru it I gladly would. Thanks for asking Spitz!

I'm new here but not new to growing, 10 years in and have grown all sorts of strains with different genetics. Two reviews.

CB Dutch Treat CBD is a good strain, all seeds popped and it was easy to grow. I'll get mine lab tested soon to know the exact potency, the seller is Crop King and their website says it's about 8% CBD and 4% THC, that 2:1 ratio of high CBD is what I was looking for. The strain description said sativa dominant but it grew very much like an indica, heavy fan leaves with tight internodes and average height. Yet when I vape it or smoke the nicely cured bud it does have a little more sativa feel to it than I would like (personally much prefer indica, but hard to find in high CBD strains). With such high CBD in this strain it's strong medicine with a very mild high. The genetics I bought still have some variety in them, I grew 5 plants and 2 were quite a bit taller than the others when they flowered telling me more breeding can be done to stabilize them. I kept a mother plant around since it was feminized seed and I like it.

Blueberry was easy to grow, all 5 seeds popped, they were short indica plants grown from regular seeds. They were obviously fresh seeds of good quality but I question what the genetics are exactly -- I don't think it's the same as the original Blueberry genetics by DJ Short from the 70s, which has a really nice blueberry smell to it and nice colours. This one had only a very mild fruity smell to it and didn't turn purple or blue for me so I'm not sure its lineage. Anyone know the real background to Crop King's Blueberry strain? Maybe I fcuked up my grow but it didn't seem like real Blueberry to me.

I also crossed a Blueberry male with the Dutch Treat CBD female and am calling the new strain Dutchberry, not because I'm especially clever but because other people have already crossed these exact strains in the past and gave it that name. According to Leafly the Dutchberry is a strain with some of the highest cannabinoids of any tested so I got excited about that. I believe they mean good THC but also CBD, CBG, CBC and so on that all add up. So I can't wait to grow out my new creation and keep breeding the offspring.

I don’t feel comfortable ordering my seeds from any where else. I’m on my second grow and smoking top quality weed grown from their seeds. Check out these buds and see for yourself if it’s good genes or not.
9CFB90EC-C11F-4B8C-BAEF-7E574C9CF128.jpeg
84796117-78D2-4D47-856F-8FED50021647.jpeg
AFA31B3C-16A3-440E-B292-1FC842DE0120.jpeg
215347B7-1CCC-4D46-8988-16A26CFA109F.jpeg
9AEF45CF-2C25-48A9-8164-86F69B67DCD7.jpeg
6C411232-A37E-4396-A4E5-42E3C157B583.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom