Lighting Information Overload - First Indoor Grow

Desertrat60

Hey folks I'm "The Desertrat" .I've been building my new man cave / grow room and have made it to the "What Lighting" to use stage . I've been reading about CFL / Led panels forever it seems . I get that it "seems" that this issue is subjective with lots of numbers on both sides of the debate .
Finances is a major issue , my DAV pension is meager so I've been leaning towards LED and specifically Galaxy Hydro 300w units (2)
81tdbC54NBL_SL1500_.jpg

I've looked here at "420" and could find nothing about Galaxy Hydro LED units , found plenty about Mars Hydro.

My grow room is small ; 4w x 8l x 6'6" high = 208 cubic ft . it is ventilated (160cfm/minute) . I'm insulating it with R13 / 1/2" sheetrock and to top it off I'm using Insulated foil faced material for reflection as well (COLD winters here) HOT summers) ! Bringing in a humidifier as well .

Like I've said I am going "critical mass" on all the "stuff" about CFL and LED . Can someone help out here ?
Thanks in advance ,
Desertrat

Hey Mate

CFLs are great for vegetating and LEDs produce some nice buds. Maybe if you are able, split your room into 2 4x4 areas with CFLs in one for vegging and an LED in the other for flowering. The Mars II are nice units with a good price. I use a Mars II 900 in my bloom room that is 3'6 x 3'6

Back
Top Bottom