Koolbloom

fasts102376

hello all.. does any body use koolbloom? is it worth the money and can i start it in 3week of flowering? they says start useing it the 4th week..but i want to get a jump start on them..if anybody uses it plz tell if it works and how it helps.. thanks:peace:

I only use it on the last two weeks of feeding nutes. Its in the directions and the gh chart. I have never deviated from the instruction. As for working? I did notice a increase in yeild comparing grows but I did not record the numbers. I hate to say it but one of those written journals was pretty shoddy with little info.
(Increased ppm by 300 when I use KoolBloom bring a number to a total of 1000ppm with that grow)

thanks urd.. i use the koolbloom on one plant just to see what happens. i'll wait to for the last 4week to use the koolbloom like the chart says.. thanks again on ur advise... where do u keep ur ph at in the later weeks of flowering? i've been keeping it at 5.7 5.8..

wanders between 5.5 to 6.3. When it gets over 6.0 I add 1ml downer for every gallon. (This depends alot on your water and how much it changes during the season but its a goo reference.)
When it goes below 5.5ph I add 1ml per gallon. Hope this helps.

I've been using liquid kool bloom since the beginning. I don't have anything to compare it too. I don't have any complaints either though :smokin:. I usually add about .25 ML of ph down to every gallon to lower the ph by about .5 (give or take).

BTW, it's recommended to be careful using aggressive strength blooming nutrients when using kool bloom

Stix said:
I've been using liquid kool bloom since the beginning. I don't have anything to compare it too. I don't have any complaints either though :smokin:. I usually add about .25 ML of ph down to every gallon to lower the ph by about .5 (give or take).

BTW, it's recommended to be careful using aggressive strength blooming nutrients when using kool bloom

thanks stix:cheesygrinsmiley: that eases my mind a little.. i'm still going by the g.h. program i thought it would help to get a jump start..

Urdedpal said:
I only use it on the last two weeks of feeding nutes. Its in the directions and the gh chart. I have never deviated from the instruction. As for working? I did notice a increase in yeild comparing grows but I did not record the numbers. I hate to say it but one of those written journals was pretty shoddy with little info.
(Increased ppm by 300 when I use KoolBloom bring a number to a total of 1000ppm with that grow)

the ppm is at 1200 now and no signs of burn.... i think she'll be fine.. thanks for the advise tho....

fasts102376 said:
the ppm is at 1200 now and no signs of burn.... i think she'll be fine.. thanks for the advise tho....

how much koolbloom you guys put per gallon? Do you guys use the recommended 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon on the label? What are the effects if you put too much koolbloom?

Racefan said:
The effects of too much koolbloom is over fert and nutrient burn. It can kill a plant if left unchecked.

i shoulda made myself more clear... i mean how will the plant look? Will it turn yellow and look like they dont have enough strenght to stand up? What strenght should i feed them by?

Racefan said:
The leaves will become crispy and necrotic(dead) from the nuutrient burning them. Some leaves will turn yellow because with over fert lock out usually occurs too. Stems will turn red and the entire plant will stop growing. The plant will take on a unhealthy look and eventually die and become a crispy critter.

i listened to my friend and i ended up putting more then what it recommended. The box say 1/4 to 1/2 tsp and i ended up doing about 3/4 per gallon or so. One of the plant was all wilting down and drooping down the next few days... it could of been also dry too. Cuz afterward i gave it water and it recovered. For koolbloom i could just follow the instructions on the box or do i need to feed it at 1/4 strenght of what they recommend?

I used it at the recommended strength. "Snowbud" , a mostly indica plant just sucked it all up. One plant yielded 8oz - much better then the 3oz we got before, but this wasn't the only change.

A few tips burnt on some mostly sativa haze so I backed off to half strenght, and it seems to like that. Nothing to comapre to on that one, but a few samples and it's the most potent weed I've ever tried.

Growing outside, with varieties of Indica and Sativa from seeds. Started 2-3 weeks after bloom began, with 1/4 tsp/gal. per directions, twice weekly, hand watering. Plants get daily water from drip system as well. Also, added tablespoon of molasses, mixed and stirred, but not set overnite, just fed immediately. Impatiently not noticing any big change, boosted mix to 1/2 tsp/gal, then, last feeding, 1tsp per 1 3/4 gal. (cap. of watering can).
Only real noticable change so far is some pistils just below flowers at nodes appear fatter and longer than normal, particularly on Indicas. Some Sativas, while not really bigger, seem to be darkening pistils from the molasses ( see other my other blog on Molasses/false trichomes?)
One Sativa did seem to get burned just a minor amount, 2-3 leaves, only on right side of plant. No other burns noted anywhere. I'm going to increase feeding to every other day, 1 teaspoon/ 1 1/2 gal., and back off the molasses. Wish me luck, will advise if anymore noticed worth writing...and please reply if and history of koolbloom/molasses/amount/feeding outside.

Thanks,
CalBear

Just watered/fed, and noticed that one Sativa had more leaves burning, but flowers all look fine, and 80% of plant looks good, no droop anywhere. Still, a bit worried, rinsed w 1 1/2 gal. clear. More news at 11.

CalBear

Is GH only for hydro? ive been using it in soil. maybe thats why my grow got fd up the first go round. The brand is FloraNova Grow/Bloom and I was looking to use Kool Bloom on this grow

you can use hydro stuff in soil no problem. in fact, genhydros koolbloom even has instructions to also use it in soil.

I use both the liquid and dry KoolBloom according to label info.
It puts my ppm up to around 2000.
Might burn, be careful.

It produces big heavy buds, sometimes too heavy for the plant to support.
I recently harvested about 12 oz from a couple of small scraggly AK-47 Autos.

Back
Top Bottom