Worm Casting Tea

bigfanofpj

Hello Growers!!

I'm in day 7 of flowering my first batch ever. It's an indoor grow that's in a small 2 chamber cabinet I built. The bottom is for floweing and is about 28" wide, 20" deep and about 48" tall. The top is for veg/clones and about 18" tall.

2 plants, one germ'd 9/16 - almost 100% sure it's female. The other was germed right b4 thanksgiving - not sure of it's sex yet.

I've had PH issues, nute problems, and general wtf syndrome, lol

Startup money has been a big obstacle in getting this set up, so it's taken a while to get a decent grow area going. This site has been the inspiration, motivation, and education that I needed. Thank you to all who contribute.

Here's the question I have today...I just bought some "real" nutes for flowering, Alaska Morbloom - and also bought this teabag of worm castings - for veg?

I'm germing more bag seeds becase I have them...but was wondering when/how I should use the tea made from the worm castings.
Should I use it as a foliar spray, or use it when I water? There isn't a breakdown of the numbers xx-xx-xx, so I don't know how strong it is...any ideas how to use?

here's a pic of it
DSC06802.jpg

-note it is "only for plants" lmao

as a side question...i'm a bit surprised by something. I had a problem of yellowing leaves, FFW to the end- cut them off.

So, then I run dry - and think, what the hell. At least it's the right plant. I wasn't expecting ANY buzz, but was pleasantly surprised. These are pre-flower fan leaves. Yeah, I prolly shouldn't have smoked any, but two bowls had a decent buzz. Awful taste - expected....but still some effect.

I don't smoke cigs anymore, so I was wondering if it's just a question of the tar etc cutting off oxygen, or if it's the thc. anyone have anything to add to this?

hey where did u get that? i want to get all of that good stuff before my next grow... also how much did u pay for it?

Picked it up at a local garden shop. Two teabags, Two quarts, Two bucks... The morbloom ran $7 for a quart.
Now, if I just knew how to use it, lol...

well i read a grow journal where someone used the worm casting tea, i dont remember who it was tho. i think you make it like you would tea?? doesnt it come with instructions?

If the worm castings are in tea bag form I would say 90% of the work is already done for you, which is very nice. I would defiantly read all the instructions carefully before trying to make it.

What is the NPK ratio of your product?

I have made guano tea many times before and I would assume worm casting tea would be similar. Seeing as you have those convenient prepared tea bags I would simply suspend a bag or two in a 1 gallon of water and let soak 24-48 hours before feeding to your plants. Depending on the strength of the final tea you may need to dilute it with equal parts water before you feed. Also, pH test your water and adjust it to 6.3-70 before making the tea.

RooRman said:
If the worm castings are in tea bag form I would say 90% of the work is already done for you, which is very nice. I would defiantly read all the instructions carefully before trying to make it.

I have made guano tea many times before and I would assume worm casting tea would be similar. Seeing as you have those convenient prepared tea bags I would simply suspend a bag or two in a 1 gallon of water and let soak 24-48 hours before feeding to your plants. Depending on the strength of the final tea you may need to dilute it with equal parts water before you feed. Also, pH test your water and adjust it to 6.3-70 before making the tea.

Thanks Roorman...I agree about the work being done...I love the teabag idea, but the weird thing is that the bag doesn't give NPK. They say to put it in a quart of water, but don't give what final NPK might be. Since I'm very noob, I don't wanna burn - so I was hoping this was a common occurance. Or, that all worm castings are similar. I dunno...:hmmmm:

I think the NPK of wormcastings is something like 1-0-0 or 1-1-1

I can't remember which, but either way you won't burn your plants with it. Worm Castings are the most mild form of fertilizer available - so go crazy with it...

Peace
MC

Cool, thanks MC! If I do half as well as your pics, I'll be a happy camper!

madamecrash said:
I think the NPK of wormcastings is something like 1-0-0 or 1-1-1

I can't remember which, but either way you won't burn your plants with it. Worm Castings are the most mild form of fertilizer available - so go crazy with it...

Peace
MC

Thats what I thought, it's very low in nitrogen and not very rich in anything else. I would use this in the veg. stage as an additional fert. or foliar spray in conjunction with a stronger fert higher in nitrogen and other nutrients.

Very correct First Timer... It's good to top-dress the soil with worm castings during the flowering period.. helps ward off deficiencies without too much (other) crap being mixed and fed to the plants...

Peace
MC

hello every one its been awhile was justreading through when this thread intreasted me. i have a friend that has asmall worm farm makes his own soil feds them all his cardboard and other waste leaves ... any way just a hobby for him but its producing more than he thought. could you grow directly in this soil or just mix itor better off staying with the pro mix

I would mix it with the Pro Mix. Add a few handfuls per cubic foot of soil. You can also use it to make tea's, it doesn't have to be in a fancy pouch.

I use an aquarium air pump and stone when I make the tea and I just throw about a Tablespoon to five Tablespoons in a five gallon bucket of RO water add about a Tablespoon of Molasis. You can add a few other things too like some form of Kelp, Guanos, ferts, Sub Culture, Lime. Just make sure everything is organic and don't over do it. If its not organic you may kill the bacteria you are trying to grow. Bubble the tea for about 24-48 hours. You will know it is good and ready when it gets foamy on top. That means that there are plenty of bacteria in there doing what you want them to do. :cheesygrinsmiley:

FirstTimer.

okay, not to but in here.......But, I really do know about worms and worm tea, haven't smoked in many years...okay, for one, the "leachete" is unstable, I can and have wrote a book on worms.....but just dont use it. okay, on to the worm tea....very simple.....do not think of it as a fertilizer, it is more of a soil inoculater. you are breading live organisms when you add water and stir it.....get it, microbs...okay--they have to eat, or they will die, so as you make the "tea" add the castings to the water, add some honey, molasses or other unrefined "sugar/food"you can add all sorts of ohter foods if you want, such as kelp, bat sh*t, and the list is endless. you can aireat it, or I started mixing it with a paint mixer on a drill. great results. do not let it sit long, there is almost no shelf life to this, if it sits to long it may have bad effects as you will have dead microbs and bad microbes

Back
Top Bottom