Thinking about Hydrofarm Mega Garden

charisma4u2

I was thinking about a Hydrofarm Mega Garden for a small grow in a closet or the Waterfarm 8-Pak System..anyone have any experience with these systems. One friend said my plants wont be able to get very big in the hydrofarm due to the 1 gallon pots? I am also thinking about going with a cool sun reflector w the hps @ 1k the 20.5xX24X7.5 that way i can go bigger come my next grow.any input anyone?

I've used the waterfarm buckets before and you can grow a pretty good sized plant. I guess it just depends on how high you want them. You can get at least 2.5-3 ft plant. Which is all I could care for anyhow. I cut larger holes in the bottom of the top bucket so the roots can grow down into the holding bucket. I then added some bubblers to keep the water oxygenated.

I've done the hydro-farm drip buckets a few times. I've been very happy with the results and ease of use. However they are very proud of their product (read it's expensive for what you get). you can buy 5gal buckets (bottom storage) for 3 to 5 bucks at home depot or lowes, and the same for 3gal buckets (top unit for plant to live in). drill some holes in the top bucket's bottom, and buy a cheap air pump for a fish aquarium ($5 to $10). The hardest part to obtain is the tube assembly that caries air to to the tanks and water to the drip ring. those can usually be purchased at your local hydro shop for $3 to $5.

Good luck

"the girls look awful yellow"

NUTES!!!!.... get them girls some food... skinny chicks are only good for hollywood. A light seaweed mix sprayed on the underside of the leaves can help for a quick pick me up too...

Back
Top Bottom