Best Type Of CFL To Use?

Lanscaper420

i had a previous grow and failed because i had crappy flouros. i want to invest in some cfls i was wondering which kind are the most efficient for both veg and flower cycle. and how many wats max i should use for a small yeild (quap)

stonergrower...great info man...ive been surfing this site everyday and you always have the gooood....what you you recomend for landscaper420 as far as the screw in type that looks squigly..or the long flouras. Im pretty new too so bare with me...what does "N:vision" mean. peace man :)

Dude, go into the Grow Journals here and look up the CFL Grow one by BOSS. The guy is a wizard on a budget and mastered CFL grow techniques.

You can get CFL's and copy his methods or go grab yourself a T5 and get to work; I've got both and shift things around according to size, what stage and so on.

Depends on how much cash you can throw around and what you're trying to accomplish. Keep em close to the plants and you should be fine no matter what, really. It's all about the Lumen, the more the merrier.

Dude thats MORE than enough. With that many and keeping them 3 inchs at all times you will get a magnificent yield. Hell id say you would probably still be able to get a dece yeild with 3-4 of those lights. But as greengo said the MORE the MERRIER. tru dat. good luck bro. If your only growing one plant then you will be FINNNNNEEEE. Have Fun and experiment!

O and also i recommend the 42 Watt NVISION CFLs you can get at Home Depot. They are about 9-10$ So same as the ones at lowells but you get that extra 2 watts. Every watt counts!! And as stonergrower said, Nvision makes some good bulbs.

O and also i recommend the 42 Watt NVISION CFLs you can get at Home Depot. They are about 9-10$ So same as the ones at lowells but you get that extra 2 watts. Every watt counts!! And as stonergrower said, Nvision makes some good bulbs.
thank u for your response. but will i be okay for veg and flower with them bulbs. and should i get soft white or day bright or whateveR?

Well i guess techinacally you should get Day for vegging and Soft White for flowering because of the spectrums. But you will be fine to use either for either cycle. Just give your babies light and they WILL grow i gurantee it.

I am currently using sylvania 43w 880 lumens CFLs. Im enjoying the way they veg my plants. Ive used them before and love them. I dont use them alone when flowering.

More lumens are needed and a HPS was in order for my rooms set up. Its only a 150w HPS but puts out 13,000-15,000lumens. :D IM using that plus 7 43w CFLs for flowering in a 4x2x7 room equaling 20,160 lumens in a 8 ft2 room. Thats if my HPS puts out 14,000 lumens. SO thats a 2,520 lumes/ft2. But only using 451w of power for 12/12 and 301w power in veg for 18/6. :smokin:

My results with the first grow is well good........ i think it is. Check it out yo.

Hey eBud- 880 lumens on 43w CFLS? I got some 23w ones earlier (not for growing, just for household) and they were 880- Is lumens or wattage more important? I had read (somewhere lost to me now) that it was the lumen rating you want higher but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. What's everyone else's experience?

(those 40w mini-twists someone posted at lowe's are 2600 lumens each! woohoo, come on Santa, don't fail me now!)

I like N:vision the best...Soft white flower and daylight for veg. At least 2000 lumens per square foot of grow space. Lumen output will be on the package.
Hey there! Been reading til these old eyes hurt, and making my synapses fire on overtime! I am new to trying to grow with cfl's, and I keep reading contrary information. You mention that 2000 lumens is minimum to grow. Other places say you need t least 3000, with 5000 being very good. Then, at another site, they say between 7k and 10k is needed. What's the deal? Being on a fixed income, and living in a state where they are still behind the times, I would love to know some real information. I don't want to use the high intensity lights due to the power consumption, and the fire hazard possibilities since the bulbs need to be cooled.(also don't need men in flack jackets busting down my door after they see the difference in power usage...lol). But seriously, what's the deal with lumens?

Hey there! Been reading til these old eyes hurt, and making my synapses fire on overtime! I am new to trying to grow with cfl's, and I keep reading contrary information. You mention that 2000 lumens is minimum to grow. Other places say you need t least 3000, with 5000 being very good. Then, at another site, they say between 7k and 10k is needed. What's the deal? Being on a fixed income, and living in a state where they are still behind the times, I would love to know some real information. I don't want to use the high intensity lights due to the power consumption, and the fire hazard possibilities since the bulbs need to be cooled.(also don't need men in flack jackets busting down my door after they see the difference in power usage...lol). But seriously, what's the deal with lumens?

I think this board is pretty old.. hehee

I'm in the same boat as you Dentu. Been spending lots of time researching the CFL's. I've read several references that say 2000K will work and that's what I'm going to try. I will have a small 2-plant SCOG grow and hoping this will be plenty.

Back
Top Bottom