Co2 Brewer Setup

BS

High All Growers

I did original post this ind my grow Journal but it didn't really get the attention i need..

I've updated my last drawing adding a heated reservoir, circulation fan and exhaust fan with timer

I wanna try out co2

I made some study but i think i still gonna need some help and input
i've come up with a simple system.. though i still have some unanswered questions

The system i've come up with supplies 520 ml co2/h - closet L:60 W:120 H:185

found that 1500ppm is 1,2 L co2 per cubic meter....comments?:confused:

closet size: 1,332 cubic meter - 1 cubic meter=1000L For my closet i need 1,4L :hmmmm:

so i gez i need to run it for 3H and then vent the room..? how many times a day should I do this?:confused:

Also I was thinking i have 1,5L free space "air" ind my brewer....
can this space be used as storage place for the co2 inclosed by the magnet valve and then released all at once?:confused:
Making the 3H run for release shorter.. maybe fill the room in minutes?:confused:

Can co2 be stored? like in a bottle or balloon for later release?:confused:

I'll really :love: all the input and Info I can get please don't hold your knowledge tight:;):

Co2_brewer1.jpg

Well ... I think this is just overkill. I have a simple setup. 1 big bottle with a tube out the top into a smaller bottle below the water line and a tube out the top of that. It goes full time, the plants take what they need.

Co2 fermenation doesn't release enough CO2 to go thru building a whole "setup" like this. Like buckshot mentioned, get a milk jug, a small tube that fits into the cap, and fill it up with water sugar and yeast. This is as complex as this setup needs to be, put a few jugs around your growing area and thats it... Or you can purchase some Co2 sheets or exhale bags which will up the PPM quite a bit, and last longer than the yeast/sugar water jugs...

Thanks for the replies..

After thinking this over again i can see that u 2 mean with "overkill" but do u also release Co2 at night? done of u uses a magnet valve? i still think its a damn good idea to disturb the co2 around with the cirkulation fan but iam gonna remove the headted reservoir.. so u have ur exhaust fan going all the time? anyone of u able u measure the co2 in the air in space? i was think of buying a co2 meter

And please @walshy19 don't push questions on my thread

:peace:

buckshot an icemud?

After thinking this over again i can see that u 2 mean with "overkill" but do u also release Co2 at night? done of u uses a magnet valve? i still think its a damn good idea to disturb the co2 around with the cirkulation fan but iam gonna remove the headted reservoir.. so u have ur exhaust fan going all the time? anyone of u able u measure the co2 in the air in space? i was think of buying a co2 meter

To be honest, getting a CO2 meter and all that really isn't necessary for rock hard dense buds... just get a jug or 2 from milk...fill them up with water, add some yeast and sugar and throw them into your grow area... the fermenation method, like I mentioned before, is hardly going to raise your PPM, I'm talking if your lucky 200ppm+ so really monitoring it is not necessary. I let my CO2 sheets run all day and night... unless you are doing a grow that is fairly large, with co2 tanks, monitoring is more of a luxury than a necessity. To get better results you would be better off getting a 400w light instead of CO2. Circulation fans are always a good idea..

I agree with Icemud ... mostly

I have the additional water bottle as a buffer from bugs, smell and yeast control

I also run it 24/7

I was gonna add a pic ... I guess I did not have one!! I will get one

thanks u 2

To get better results you would be better off getting a 400w light instead of CO2.

I got a 400 just laying at the side wating.. I want to see what i can yield for a 250 + light rail + the sun ballast. the 400 only got a magnetic ballast.
this is about £ $ and co2 made from yeast an sugar is kinda free... plus i believe it lowers the days to harvest right?:scratchinghead:

I have the additional water bottle as a buffer from bugs, smell and yeast control

Got its feeder hose in a small water jar without lid.. most for visual control.. doesn't this give the same as ur water bottle?

Got its feeder hose in a small water jar without lid.. most for visual control.. doesn't this give the same as ur water bottle?

Sorry just saw this again ... yes the same thing. You can put a lid with a hose and pipe the CO2 where ever you need it. I place the hose above the blower on my ac.

Thanks Buckshot for getting to the answers before me... thanks :) Sorry for not getting to ya right away BS... yeah you can either use piping and place the tubing above your plants (co2 falls) or you can just use a jug, poke some holes and let the CO2 disperse in the tent..

Here is a video I created on adding CO2
[video=youtube_share;E5Tp22ntEpI]
[/video]

damn thx icemud.. I think I have seen some of ur other videos on the tube great stuff man:thumb:

I like the dryice.. looking cool.. but where iam from dryice aint that accessible:straightface:

iam thinking of getting me a tank.. much more accessible.. and really not that expensive again.. 250$ for a 10kg co2 tank.. and refill 75$.. and i only need to supply a space much like urs

Icemud in your video u say mostly add co2 in flowering.. i've found lots for different opinions on that.. that is yous.. some say in veg. other bloom and others say all the time and then again others say not in flowering:shhh:?

iam starting to hate the internet and forums cuz ppl can post all the shit they wanna..
Last night I found (on the net) that some add co2 to the roots!!! but can't really find out if it works cuz ppl say NO co2 kill roots.. and then others say adding co2 for the roots give them a boost.. u see what i meen? confusing..
u or any other know anything about this?

In the video I suggested using it "mostly" in flowering, that is where the greatest need for CO2 is, but yes, you can use it and if its available to use, through the whole grow. Eventually I will get a tank system too, but that will be when I get a 2nd tent, a larger one, for flowering...

As for CO2 and the roots, I have read somewhere that CO2 is not good for roots. The soil needs oxygen and nitrogen (nitrogen fixing bacteria) but I don't believe there is a need for Co2 in the roots... however I may be wrong.

The best sources for information is college website and agricultural programs and studies... Usually I will take an idea that is juggled around on the forums and then do my own research before I validate the truth... your right, you get all kinds of opinions on these sites, mostly good ones, but occasionally you get the Noob trying to spread "hearsay" knowledge and it does nobody good....

In research, sourcing is everything... unless the source is a reliable one, I don't trust it 100%...

Just at a quick glance, it seems that CO2 is not taken up by roots but it is instead released by the roots along with other things that feed the microbes in the soil. Microbes also give off CO2 in the soil and according so some golf course literature I read on maintaining putting greens, too much CO2 in the soil is a bad thing...

Hmm i just stumbled upon this old post u mind giving it a read.. maybe my english aint as good as i thought.. I really can't figure out what it says.. Think I mix up all the words carbon, carbonate, bicarbonate ect.

Looks like is for soil.. and i'm running hydro so i'm gonna research some more

Back
Top Bottom