Harvest and pricing data

wfchamb

Are there any opinions or data on what the fall harvest (Nov - Jan) did to pricing and planning in light of the weather problems and the closisng/opening of dispensaries - combined with the products seized. I ran across several problems with pricing, terms, quality, etc. that just did not appear last year.

What State are you in? Here in WA, we had a terrible outdoor season (rain, cold) but supply shot up, as did the number of dispensaries. Wholesale went from $3200/lb in Spring 2010 to $2500/lb in Winter 2010. Either everybody ran out and bought lights, or we've got lots of imports from out of state. Retail donations are starting to come down too, from average $280 to $250. The State legislature is working on a bill to license growers & dispensaries, maybe that will make things more business-like.

Anyone from OR? Did licensing help stabilize the medical cannabis business, price-wise or otherwise?

The answer to that would be a resounding NO!

What State are you in? Here in WA, we had a terrible outdoor season (rain, cold) but supply shot up, as did the number of dispensaries. Wholesale went from $3200/lb in Spring 2010 to $2500/lb in Winter 2010. Either everybody ran out and bought lights, or we've got lots of imports from out of state. Retail donations are starting to come down too, from average $280 to $250. The State legislature is working on a bill to license growers & dispensaries, maybe that will make things more business-like.

Anyone from OR? Did licensing help stabilize the medical cannabis business, price-wise or otherwise?

Prices in LA and SoCal are pretty down atm. That's a) due to the normal outdoor crop from NoCal but also because of "Imports" from Oregon and just a lot of people growing atm.
Sold my Sour OG recently for 3000 and my Blue Venom Indica for 2700. Half a year ago I still got 3500 for both. All AAA Indoor. Outdoor is availale in very good quality atm for 1200. If I was a patient I would smoke outdoor too. Some excellent harvests up there in NoCal andd Oregon.

But I tell you what: 3K is still ok for me and gives my at least 2K profit over a grow / lb.

I find it funny that whole sale prices are dropping but retail prices have held the same. Most dispensaries are selling meds on average of 12$ to 15$ per gram and quarters for 80 to 100 pending on how they grade there meds from B to A+. The lawmakers here in Colorado keep making new rules and there is no set standard yet I have a feeling once the rules are all done and put into place barring and constitutional court challenges which there will be plenty the prices will go back to where they were before haters started making rules 15$ to 20$ dollars per gram and 350$ z's. The reason for this is to recuperate the cost of all of the legal and unnecessary fee imposed on the medical centers and soon personal caregivers. If people would have not buried there heads in the sand when this all started this would have never become such a quagmire of BS.
:peace:

Up here in the Nor Cal street and club prices are the same. Too damn expensive ($40.00 per eighth average). But the clubs are only paying about $1200 a lb. for outdoor provided you can find one that wants outdoor at all. For some reason people up here think indoor is better or more potent than outdoor so the clubs sell it for about $10.00 a eighth more and it's in higher demand. lol

Prices in LA and SoCal are pretty down atm. That's a) due to the normal outdoor crop from NoCal but also because of "Imports" from Oregon and just a lot of people growing atm.
Sold my Sour OG recently for 3000 and my Blue Venom Indica for 2700. Half a year ago I still got 3500 for both. All AAA Indoor. Outdoor is availale in very good quality atm for 1200. If I was a patient I would smoke outdoor too. Some excellent harvests up there in NoCal andd Oregon.

But I tell you what: 3K is still ok for me and gives my at least 2K profit over a grow / lb.

Exactly the same story here in Seattle....atm prices are down. I have also heard that beyond the normal outdoor crops and large amount of people growing....that much of the product brought in to the state has been from organized crime (chineese mafia in BC, Triads in Seattle, and bikers gangs) who are trying to put local growers out of business by flooding the area with cheap bud. While that will lower the overall prices, eventually people get tired of smoking outdoor bud, and prices go back up.

Also, every last fall and winter there is a surplus in places like NoCal, Ore, and Wa....then come April or May things dry up....and prices go back to normal for summer time.

Also, if you are in washington...check out nwgreenthumb dot com where all the local community help each other.... collectives and growers... great patient to patient meds at great prices. Good peeps helping each other out! Much better suggested donations than what you find at the dispensaries. In fact, many growers will not donate to dispensaries because of the high mark up. Instead they are helping each other out and charging a minimum for meds.

Back
Top Bottom